The only thing better than visiting the Bahamas is being out on the water around these Caribbean islands. Cruising is great but it does mean sharing an entire ship with thousands of passengers, and that's not always ideal for anyone seeking a private, tranquil vacation. A day trip from an island in the Bahamas is also possible, but coming back at the end of the day doesn't allow anyone enough time to get their sea legs. So, what's the solution?
If readers have watched the hit Netflix show The World's Most Amazing Vacation Rentals, then it's likely that they've already found the answer: a private yacht charter. It's expensive, luxe, indulgent, and entirely perfect for that one-of-a-kind, once-in-a-lifetime vacation. Don't know where to start? Here are the three of the best options, along with why it's worth spending the money for a private yacht charter.
* Photos of example activities, not of actual yachts.
Why Should You Spend Money To Rent A Private Yacht?
As with anything involving a significant amount of money, there are pros and cons. However, when it comes to chartering a private yacht in the Bahamas, the pros far outweigh the cons. Guests are paying for an experience, not just a place to sleep, and they're also paying for a means of transportation. Therefore, it's three aspects of travel, all rolled into one; considering that, the price is entirely justified. Some yachts even provide a personal chef to prepare all meals, and a captain, of course, is always there to man the metaphorical boat wheel.
So what, then, are the downsides? Seasickness, for one, if the water happens to be choppy. Additionally, weather can be unpredictable - so if guests rent a yacht during monsoon or hurricane season, plans could either be canceled or worse, a yacht could get caught in the middle of a storm. However, it's rare for short-term yacht charters to veer too far from the islands (plus, why would one want to?). Aside from that, there's not much that guests shouldn't look forward to.
Lady Of The Orient
Lady of the Orient measures a full length of 65 feet which means it's spacious enough for six guests with plenty of room to spread out. With everything included, this yacht charter is well worth the money. Upon boarding, guests will find three guest bedrooms, four en-suite bathrooms with an extra powder room, a wood-paneled salon, an open kitchen featuring granite and stainless steel details, air conditioning throughout, a fully equipped bridge with a lounge on the top deck featuring sunbeds, a multi-purpose cockpit, and a swim platform. Guests can go scuba diving, snorkeling, and even deep-sea fishing.
- Rental Cost: $3,000/night
- Guests: Six people, max
- Included: The entire boat plus onboard equipment, captain and crew, food, and fuel
When it comes to luxury, the 80-foot Lucky Dog yacht spares no expense. Everything on and in this boat is designed for decadence and it delivers on every level. Docked just offshore in Nassau, Bahamas, it's ready to set sail and provide a true island experience. Enjoy the day on any number of floating or sea-worthy activities, try a hand at fishing, explore the reefs while snorkeling, and come back to have a full gourmet meal with only the best ingredients.
- Rental Cost: $1,000/hour (four hours minimum), $5,000/day (eight hours max), $6,000/night (two-night minimum), $20,000/full week (discount of 43%) + 30% APA for fuel, food, and additional expenses with unused portion returned at the end of the trip
- Guests: 12 people, max
- Included: Fully air-conditioned, satellite TV & phone, flatscreen TVs with surround sound, Bluetooth sound system throughout the yacht, gourmet galley with ice machines, shaded flybridge with a wet bar, BBQ, bar with stools, lounge area, dining area, a Seawind four-seat seaplane, beach & floating toys, two stand-up paddleboards, two kayaks, a double kayak, two surfboards, a floating island, floating trampoline, floating lounge chairs, underwater lights for nighttime, steamer chairs on the bow, shade umbrellas, cool misters.
For anyone who wants to be intimately involved with the sailing of a yacht, Harmony is the way to go! Guests of four can help the captain set sail and get an authentic yacht experience, along with the thrilling process of being part of this catamaran's deck crew. Built in 2018 with a legnth of 48 feet, this yacht is equipped with all of the modern amenities one could need while out on the coast of the Bahamas. The owners and crew of this yacht are prepared to customize a seaworthy itinerary for guests, further personalizing the charter experience.
- Rental Cost: $1,200/day (three days minimum), $7,000/week with a discount of 17%
- Guests: 6 people, max
- Included: Two VIP guest rooms, one luxe master suite, bedroom sea views, private bathrooms, large flybridge with a sunbathing lounge, galley, fore-deck lounge, saloon, terrace recpetion area, spacious lounge