Snowy parts of the world have started receiving their share of snow as the winter season closes in. Resorts and winter vacationers now wait for the right amount to begin the winter vacation and enjoy their favorite winter sports. For those who love to spend their winter period with snow, skis, and snowboards, these ski resorts receive the most snow which means that vacationers can gear up and get ready to experience a wild winter adventure.
8 Mount Baker Ski Resort, Washington
Mount Baker ski resort is a winter paradise for winter vacationers and with is 641 inches of average snowfall per year, it receives more snow than any other resort in the world. With this, winter sports lovers who visit this ski resort will enjoy the views of the nearby Mount Shuksan and Mount Baker while skiing on lots of snow. Although the mountain’s limited 31 runs and 1000 skiable acres may not be enough to satisfy many advanced skiers, it makes up for its lack of skiable space with lots of snow (the highest in the world). Mount Baker ski resort is also dynamic and welcomes winter sports enthusiasts of all levels including beginners with instructors available to give lessons.
- Winter activities To enjoy at Mount Baker: Skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, sledding, and snowmobiling.
- Opening Dates: Mount Baker ski resort usually opens for the winter season in mid-November and closes in late or early May. The 2021 opening date has not yet been announced but it is estimated that the resort might open for the 2021 season from late November 2021 - late April 2022.
7 Alyeska Resort, Alaska
Alyeska ski resort located in Alaska receives up to 669 inches of average snowfall per year on its 1610 skiable acres making it one of the highest snow receiving resorts in the world. The resort offers hotel lodging, a spa, and a total of 8 lifts. Besides the winter activities, adventurers who want some sightseeing can head to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center which is 15 miles from Alyeska resort, and catch sights of animals such as - Bears, Bison, and moose.
- Winter activities to enjoy at Alyeska resort: Skiing, Heli-skiing, snowboarding, and cat skiing.
- Opening Dates: The 2021 ski season at Alyeska ski resort is scheduled to begin on December 10, 2021 , and passes are already on sale.
6 Alta Ski Area, Utah
Alta Ski area receives an average annual snowfall of 540 inches and the quality of snow is considered one of the best in the world with its powdery form which is just perfect for a smooth and friction-less skiing session on the resort’s 2614 skiable acres. Alta is a ski area and not a ski resort and this means that adventurers mainly visit the area to enjoy premium skiing on the smooth powder.
- Activities: Only Skiing. Snowboarding is not allowed at Alta Ski Area and visitors who want more activities can only enjoy some helicopter rides and some tours in addition to smooth skiing.
- Opening Dates: Alta Ski Area is scheduled to open on November 24, 2021 .
5 Snowbird Ski Resort, Utah
Snowbird ski resort receives an average annual snowfall of 500 inches and features 168 runs and 13 lifts. Snowbird ski resort is located less than 2 miles away from the Alta ski area which means that vacationers who have had enough powder-snow skiing can come over to the Snowbird ski resort and enjoy not just snowboarding but also cat skiing, heli-skiing, and snowmobiling on the resort’s 2,500 acres.
- Opening Dates: Snowbird ski resort’s anticipated opening date is December 1, 2021 .
4 Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia
Rated as one of the best ski resorts in the world, Whistler Blackcomb receives an annual average snowfall of 464 inches. With its 8171 skiable acres and 3 million yearly visitors, Whistler Blackcomb is the largest and one of the busiest ski resorts in North America. The gigantic ski resort features 37 lifts and more than 200 trails, with different spots for both beginners and advanced skiers.
- Activities: Snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, zip-lining, bungee jumping, ice fishing, ice skating, ice climbing, cat skiing, Dog sledding, and more.
- Opening Dates: Whistler Blackcomb is scheduled to open on November 25 for the 2021/2022 ski season and those who have not purchased their passes are advised to do so before the price rises on November 21.
3 Vail Ski Resort, Colorado
Vail ski resort in Colorado receives an average annual snowfall of 354 inches and with its impressive 5,289 skiable acres, 31 lifts, and 195 trails, it is one of the most popular ski resorts in the United States attracting up to 1.3 million annual visitors to its snowy mountains.
- Activities: Skiing, snowmobiling, biking, zip-lining, dog-sledding, snowshoeing, snowboarding, hiking, and more.
- Opening Dates: Vail resort opened for the 2021 season on November 12, 2021, and it is estimated to stay open until late April 2022. Vacationers are advised to get their pass before it rises on November 21, 2021.
2 Kirkwood, California
Kirkwood Ski Resort receives an average annual snowfall of 500 inches and it also features 2300 skiable acres, 15 lifts, and more than 65 runs. Kirkwood ski resort is known for its steep and extremely difficult terrains and skiing through most of the trails often involves dodging rocks and trees while moving downhill. Only a few parts of the resort might be a little mild for beginners but to be plain, most trails are just extremely rugged which makes Kirkwood ski resort a territory better suited for advanced skiers who will enjoy the powdery snow and scenic views as they slide downhill.
- Activities: Skiing, snowboarding, hiking, mountain biking,
- Opening Dates: Kirkwood Mountain Resort is scheduled to open on December 3, 2021, and vacationers are advised to purchase their passes before it rises on November 21 .
1 Revelstoke, Canada
Located in British Columbia, Revelstoke ski resort receives 413 inches of average annual snowfall which is characterized as fluffy and light. Its offering includes – 59 runs, and 6 lifts, and its 3121 skiable acres are categorized as - 45% advanced, 43% intermediate, and 12% beginners. The resort also offers lodging and visitors are required to show proof of vaccination to be allowed access to both skiing and lodging.
- Activities: Skiing, snowboarding, heli-skiing, cat skiing, biking, and dog sledding.
- Opening Dates: Revelstoke mountain resort is scheduled to open for the 2021/2022 winter season on November 27, 2021, and tickets will be on sale until November 25.