Orlando is home to over a dozen theme parks, making it a family-friendly destination for all ages. Disney World, Universal Orlando, and SeaWorld Orlando are just some of the amazing spots in this sunny, beautiful resort-filled city that offer no shortage of attractions and adventures.
Though most of these parks are known for appealing to people of all ages (that’s the beauty of Orlando, after all), there are some great spots that are geared toward more mature audiences that still have a taste for fun.
Below are some of the best parks for adults who are visiting Orlando without the entire family in tow—yet still want to experience the magic and adventure this world-renowned city is famous for.
Disney Is For Grown-Ups, Too
Disney World is known for appealing to kids of all ages—however, adults visiting on their own may want a slightly different experience than those visiting with their families or young children. Luckily, Disney has some great spots available for those who want to experience the magic from a more adult point of view.
Though still filled with plenty of attractions, Epcot is a popular destination for adults because of its myriad of attractions that are a bit less Elsa and a bit more educational. Perhaps what makes Epcot the most magical place at Disney for adults is its World Pavilion—eleven areas representing countries from around the world, complete with bars, festivals, and entertainment to match each one. Adults 21 and over can drink their way around the world, all while still enjoying the top-notch attractions and shows that Disney is known for.
- Oktoberfest never ends at the Biergarten Restaurant, Epcot’s German buffet known for its fun crowds and live music
- Kick back and get that French vibe with an Ice Cream Martini and snap some pics of the park’s Eiffel Tower replica—1/10th the size of the original
- Visit an authentic English pub for a pint of Newcastle and some fish and chips in the U.K. pavilion
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…adults will love Hollywood Studios for the Star Wars experiences alone, which are just as appealing to adults who have grown up with the iconic franchise as they are to kids who are just learning about Luke and his lightsaber. While this area of the park has no shortage of kid-friendly attractions, it also has super thrilling rides that are more adult-centric. The live shows are also another attraction that adults will love—after all, who doesn’t love singing along to all their Disney faves?
- It’s adults-only at The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge. Immerse yourself in Hollywood glamour while sipping on a martini and soaking up the silver screen vibes
- Enter The Twilight Zone in the Tower of Terror, a spooky haunted elevator full of thrills and chills
- Join the Resistance and fight the dark side with the immersive Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance attraction
Typhoon Lagoon And Blizzard Beach
Water parks are for adults, too—especially those who want to kick back and relax under the bright Orlando sunshine. Though there are plenty of exciting rides and attractions, it’s still possible to simply sunbathe and soak in the atmosphere—an appealing prospect for adults who need a break from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the park.
- Get your heart pumping on Mount Gushmore, one of the tallest and fastest free-fall waterslides in the world
- Race to the finish on the Downhill Double Dipper, a 50-foot downhill slide with a big splashy finish
- After sunbathing for a while, cool down in the largest wave pool in North America
- Have a thrilling whitewater adventure on Miss Adventure Falls
Other Parks Adults Will Love
Want to experience the world outside Disney? There’s still plenty to see and do for adults that want to explore some of Orlando’s other exciting theme parks.
Take a break from Disney at this all-inclusive day resort that’s known as a tropical paradise. White sand beaches and rocky lagoons abound in this beautiful resort that provides a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to swim with bottlenose dolphins.
- Swim with the fishes…literally! Discovery Cove provides wetsuits and snorkel gear for those who want an up-close and personal experience with area marine life
- Relax on the beach and enjoy the spectacular views with unlimited food and drinks
- Meet wildlife face to face, including exotic birds and playful otters
Tucked away in Orlando’s travel district, ICON Park is the perfect playground for adults. This 20-acre entertainment destination is perfect for adults who want to bar hop, explore eclectic shops, and enjoy the spectacular nightlife.
- Take a spin on the Wheel—ICON’s most famous attraction rising 400-feet above Orlando. Sip on your favorite adult beverage in climate-controlled comfort while enjoying some of Florida’s best views
- Check out Madame Tussauds Orlando
- Have a delicious dinner at one of ICON’s 40 restaurants, then dance the night away at Tin Roof, a spot known for its amazing entertainment and live music
Universal is a great place for adults because there is such a variety of things to see and do. The best of both worlds, Universal’s parks are filled with both adventures and thrills—while also offering entertainment and nightlife that adults can appreciate.
- Have a night out at Universal’s CityWalk where guests can catch live music, sing karaoke, go dancing, or all three!
- What do Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, and Marvel have in common? They all have their own attractions at Universal’s Islands of Adventure—a park known as one of the most adult-friendly spots in Orlando
- Get some thrills at Volcano Bay—a water park that has a variety of attractions designed for both thrill-seekers and relaxation junkies
Orlando is world-renowned for its theme parks that are family-friendly destinations for kids of all ages. However, for those looking to plan an adults-only experience, there’s plenty of parks where grown-ups can experience the magic, thrills, and adventures that make Orlando famous while still enjoying the area's best nightlife, cocktails, and above all, relaxing vacation vibes.