Many travelers visit its iconic theme parks; SeaWorld, Disney World, and Universal Studios. But since this city covers 119.08 square miles, Orlando has a lot to offer than its world-famous theme parks. Boasting a modern downtown, an incredible culinary scene, and top-notch museums, this city is full of attractions and activities to explore.
Surrounded by magnificent lakes and streams, Orlando is definitely among the most exciting cities in the world. Where should you stay in Orlando? Here are the best neighborhoods and hotels to check out.
Downtown Orlando – Best For Sightseeing And Culture
The downtown of any big city is always considered safe to stay in, and Orlando’s own is no exception. Boasting a fantastic selection of lavish hotels, endless opportunities, and numerous restaurants, every visitor will be thrilled to spend their travel days in this magnificent city.
One good reason for staying in this neighborhood is its position closer to the amusement parks of the city, making it the best option for vacationers planning to spend some days exploring the theme parks.
Orlando Science Center is another easily accessible attraction from Downtown Orlando. This neighborhood is also home to the Orlando Magic and the Amway Center.
Don’t forget to explore Lake Eola Park, the most impressive destination in the neighborhood.
Where To Stay In Downtown Orlando
- AC Hotel by Marriott Orlando Downtown: This hotel is nestled right in the heart of the city. Offering an incredible view of Orlando and the surrounding and elegant rooms with modern designs, this is one of the best hotels downtown.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown: Coming with incredible amenities, including rooms with private ensuite bathrooms, free WiFi, a swimming pool, and fitness, this hotel should be a top pick in Orlando.
- Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown: Located in the middle of the neighborhood, this hotel offers an outdoor swimming pool, a fitness center, access to laundry facilities, and free internet.
Southwest Orlando/International Drive: Perfect For First Timers
Southwest Orlando is a great neighborhood, especially for travelers visiting Orlando for the first time. From Universal Studios to the Holy Land, vacationers will always find something fun in this neighborhood. Universal Studios is the top reason why most vacationers make trips to Orlando.
Orlando became famous many years ago after Walt Disney Studios constructed a theme park complex, and now the city is brimming with amusement parks, all located in Southwest Orlando.
Other than the parks, The Escape Game Orlando is an attraction not to miss when staying in this beautiful neighborhood.
Where To Stay In Southwest Orlando/ International Drive
- The Point Hotel & Suites Universal: Travelers will have the best experience of Southwest Orlando in this magnificent hotel. Coming with a modern feel, the hotel’s suites are equipped with a kitchenette and private bathrooms. There is also a fitness center at the hotel if one is looking to take some exercise.
- Hyatt Place Lake Buena Vista: If looking for a hotel closer to Walt Disney World and other Orlando's popular attractions, then this is the perfect place to spend some days in.
- JW Marriott Bonnet Creek Resort & Spa: Situated near the city's major amusement parks, this hotel would suit families. The hotel’s terrace offers incredible views of Disney World’s Magic Kingdom Park, especially the nightly fireworks.
Kissimmee/Celebration: Perfect For Budget-Friendly Accommodation Options
Most locals may not consider this neighborhood as their first option when staying in Orlando. But. It is the best option for vacationers exploring this city on a budget, as there are several budget-friendly hotels hostels, and rental homes.
Sometimes it is just beautiful to stay away from the busier areas of Orlando and seek a quieter place. Kissimmee boasts incredible golf resorts with some lavish spas and fantastic pools for refreshing.
Originally designed by Disney, Celebration and its town will still allow visitors to easily access their favorite attractions, including the world-famous Walt Disney World, located directly north of the neighborhood.
Where To Stay In Kissimmee/Celebration
- Grand Bohemian Hotel: This boutique hotel does not just provide comfortable accommodation, it is filled with custom artwork, making it a favorite spot for those in arts.
- Margaritaville Resort: Located in the heart of Orlando, this beautiful spot offers fantastic amenities, including a gorgeous sandy beach and a zero-entry pool. Travelers will also have access to incredible shopping and dining opportunities in this hotel. On the grounds of the resort, there is a full-service fitness, a pavilion that can be used for weddings, and open space vacationers can use for meetings.
- Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center: Offering two fantastic outdoor pools and free rides to Disney World, this is a great spot for families. The place features live entertainment, swimming pools for kids and adults, waterslides, waterfalls, and magnificent boutique shops.
Florida Center: Best For Theme Park Hopping
If exploring all of the city’s world-famous theme parks is in a traveler’s plan, then Florida Center is one of the most impressive neighborhoods to consider.
With many hotels part of the Universal Orlando Resort, this is the best neighborhood for theme park hopping. Travelers staying are Florida Center will also enjoy free rides to Universal Studios Orlando.
This neighborhood would perfectly suit vacationers exploring Orlando’s popular theme parks with small children, as the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is among the popular attractions in the area. There are smaller rides within the theme parks for kids to enjoy.
Where To Stay in Florida Center
- Wyndham Garden Orlando Universal: Reaching Walt Disney World and Universal Studios Orlando is only a matter of minutes. There is a free parking space, a saltwater pool, and lavish rooms with modern designs.
- Universal Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn & Suites: This hotel is incredibly breathtaking. Offering several standard rooms and two-bedroom suites with spectacular sunset views, this hotel is suitable for families. Coming with a coastal vibe, Universal Endless Summer Resort offers fantastic theme park benefits.
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort At Universal Orlando: Staying feels like one is in paradise, thanks to the breathtaking blue waterfalls cascading across the grounds, inviting vacationers to take in the spectacular water views.
Orlando is an incredible city with several accommodations that travelers can use, depending on their interests and budgets.