Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and Promenade is without a doubt one of the best in America and is located on the historic and picturesque beach in South Carolina. If one is planning to visit the Southern state of South Carolina, then one should consider spending a day on the stunning Myrtle Beach Boardwalk.
Come on the right day and one can enjoy the "Hot Summer Nights" and listen to the live music that is held twice a week during the summer months, or come in the autumn and enjoy a Seafood Festival. There are innumerable things to see and do along the boardwalk and can often be the stuff that memories are made of. Arcades, thrill rides, restaurants, and luxe hotels are only just scratching the surface.
About Myrtle Beach Boardwalk
- Promenade Opened: Official Opened in 2010
- Location: Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Length: 1.2 Miles
At the heart of Myrtle Beach is the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk Entertainment District. This district boasts an amazing number of things to see and do with scores of great shops, restaurants, rides, entertainment, hotels, and other attractions. While it is ideal for families, it caters to all ages. It really is just one of the reasons to fall in love with South Carolina.
While exploring the boardwalk, enjoy the fresh sea breeze that stops it from getting too hot in the summer and smell the scent of the salty air. The boardwalk is made up of some 770,000 board feet of lumber decking the South Carolina dunes. The 1.2 miles of walkways is as wide as eight feet in some places but reaching 30 to 50 feet wide in other places. The walk is dotted with benches allowing anyone to sit and relax with the stunning sea views at any time.
Attractions And Activities On The Boardwalk
There are attractions for everyone along this boardwalk including for families with small children. One of the weekly attractions is the "Kids Carnival".
Some of the fun family attractions along the boardwalk include:
- Myrtle Beach SkyWheel: Ferris Wheels Are Always A Big Hit With The Kids
- Nightmare Haunted House: Who Doesn't Like A Haunted House Filled With Zombifed Clowns?
- Fun Plaza Family Fun Center: The Games In Arcades Can Keep The Kids Busy For Hours
- Myrtle Beach Thrill Rides: Great Family Fun But Not Right After Lunch
- Ripley's Believe It Or Not: A Wonder World Boasting Shrunken Heads And A 8 Foot Fall Transformer Made Of Real Car Scrape and Much More
- Ripley's Moving Theater: Strap On The Seat Belts For A 5D Moving Theater
- Ripley's Mirror Maze: This Ingenious Maze Will Mess With Anyone's Mind
- Myrtle Beach Zipline Adventures: Zipline 600 Feet Overlooking The Atlantic Ocean Or Plunge 65 Feet Off the Free Fall Express
Festivals on The Boardwalk
During the summer months, there are plenty of festivals for everyone's enjoyment. See Myrtle Beach website for the times of these occasions.
Hot Summer Nights
Hot summer Nights are held on the Oceanfront Boardwalk every Monday and Saturday night from June 12 to September 4th. They are family orientated and feature live entertainment and songs everyone can enjoy.
Myrtle Beach Seafood Festival
The Seafood Festival is located on the Ocean Boulevard between 8th Avenue North and Joe White Avenue. The Seafood Festival is returning this fall and is a great chance to sample the best of the Atlantic seafood.
There are various other festivals being held along the boardwalk at different times of the year and tailored to different ages. Be sure to check out Visit Myrtle Beach to see what is going on! See here for other cool festivals around the world.
Eating And Dining In Myrtle Beach
There are no shortages of dining options along the boardwalk with everything from typical hamburger fast food to fine dining. Enjoy custom-made burgers, authentic Mexican food, fine dining Italian food, elaborate buffets, steakhouses, and of course fresh seafood straight from the Atlantic Ocean.
Some of the leading restaurants here include:
- LandShark Bar & Grill: Inspired By The Great "Beach Joints"
- Mad Myrtle's Ice Creamery: Just What One Needs On A Hot South Carolina Summer's Day
- The Bowery: This Is A World Famous Nightclub and Bar
- I Love Sugar: Perhaps Not The Most Attractive For Those On A Diet, But Heaven For Those With a Sweet Tooth
- Pier 14 Restaurant: A Restaurant, Lounge, And Fishing Pier With Great Views Of The Ocean
- Sharkey's Oceanfront Restaurant: Perfect For Great Deals On Food And Drinks - Includes The Sharkey's Beach Bar
- New York Pizza Kitchen: Not Rekindling The Debate Of Which American City Has The Best Pizzas, But The Pizzas Will Not Disappoint Here
There are no shortages of options to keep everyone entertained for a full day on this stunning waterfront.