In recent years, Asheville North Carolina has risen to the top of the craft beer scene, with a plethora of diverse and delicious breweries that have something for everyone. Laidback ambiance, chill vibes, cool people, welcoming atmospheres, and of course, delicious brews abound in Asheville for craft beer aficionados who want their outdoor scenery with a side of unforgettable flavor.
Below are some of the very best breweries in Asheville for those who want to sip their way through their next vacation in one of North Carolina’s coolest towns.
Craft Brews By The Riverside
Zillicoah Beer Co. isn’t technically in Asheville proper—but as it's known as one of the top breweries in the area (and is just outside Asheville, in nearby Woodfin), it’s only right to include it as one of the tops for hops in the area. Its riverfront location also makes for some stellar views—so sit back, relax, and sip away while admiring the lovely French Broad River for the most relaxing vibes ever.
- Address: 870 Riverside Dr., Woodfin
- Contact: (828)-424-7929
- Food: Taqueria Munoz, the brewery’s on-site food truck
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 2 PM-10 PM, Friday-Saturday 12 PM-10 PM, Sunday 12 PM-8 PM, Monday-Saturday 21+ ONLY, Sunday is family day, all ages welcome
- Take A Sip: Bohemian Pilsner; Smoked Helles; Austrian Gold
Have A Cold One At Hi-Wire
Hi-Wire Brewing has quickly become one of the most popular breweries in Asheville since its inception in 2013. Now with two Asheville locations (as well as ones in Durham, Wilmington, and Knoxville), visitors can pick their poison at either one of these happening Asheville spots. Known for their ‘approachable’ and ‘balanced’ beer selection that includes everything from ales to lagers, this local fave is a must-visit for beer connoisseurs.
- Address: 197 Hilliard Ave. (South Slope location)
- Contact: (828)-738-2452
- Food: No
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 3 PM-10 PM, Friday 3 PM-12 AM, Saturday 12 PM-12 AM, Sunday 12 PM-10 PM
- Take A Sip: Hi-Pitch Mosaic IPA; Blackberry Cobbler Sour Smoothie; Hi-Wire Lager
Add Some Flair With Archetype
Known for their “complex, mindful, living beer,” Archetype is all about style, neighborhood vibes, and inventive beer that is inspired by local tastes and flavors. Home to local events and a bustling social scene, this West Asheville fave is a must-visit gem among the city's top breweries. Visit their second location downtown to experience some of the brewery’s unique community events.
- Address: 265 Haywood Rd. (West Asheville location)
- Contact: (828)-505-4177
- Food: No, but there are several nearby restaurants available for delivery
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 3 PM-9 PM, Friday 1 PM-10 PM, Saturday 11 AM-10 PM, Sunday 11 AM-8 PM
- Take A Sip: Talking To Plants Witbier; Chow Chow Dark Lager; Lunar Effect Hazy IPA
Enjoy The Scenery At Twin Leaf Brewery
Twin Leaf is one of many great breweries nestled in the heart of downtown Asheville; however, what sets it apart is its atmosphere—fun, family-friendly, and filled with hip decor and lovely potted plants. A favorite to locals that is often overshadowed by other more brash breweries (and less frequented by tourists), Twin Leaf is definitely worth a stop to drop in and have a delish pint—especially for those who love a tasty IPA.
- Address: 144 Coxe Ave.
- Contact: (828)-774-5000
- Food: No, but guests can bring their own
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 2 PM-9 PM, Friday-Saturday 1 PM-11 PM, Sunday 1 PM-9 PM
- Take A Sip: Exit Orbit IPA; 144 (Code Name Juicy Fruit) IPA; Regolith Session IPA
Get Cozy At Bhramari Brewing Company
A local fave whose eclectic, homey atmosphere perfectly complements a bold selection of flavor-forward brews, Bhramari is the perfect spot to slake your thirst—and have a delicious bite from one of their weekly food specials. Their rotating selection changes fast, which keeps things fresh and interesting at this fun, diverse brewery.
- Address: 101 S. Lexington Ave.
- Contact: (828)-214-7981
- Food: Yes, a tasty pub menu with sandwiches, burgers, and apps. Between 4 PM-5 PM and 10 PM-11 PM on weekends they offer a Bites & Slides menu. All dine-in orders have a 15% service charge
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 12 PM-9 PM, Friday-Saturday 11 AM-11 PM, Sunday 11 AM-9 PM
- Take A Sip: The Good Fight Double Cry-Hopped Sour Pale Ale; Fast Cars, Danger, Fire, and Knives Kolsch; Low Poly Pilsner
Other Notable Breweries To Try In Asheville
- Burial Beer Co.
- Highland Brewing Co.
- Zebulon Artisan Ales
- Green Man Brewery
There are plenty of things to see and do in the bustling city of Asheville, North Carolina. However, hop lovers will definitely want to partake of its vibrant, diverse breweries that offer everything from hoppy, fruity IPAs to eclectic flavor concoctions you won’t find anywhere else. The perfect spot for any discerning beer aficionado, Asheville’s breweries will have visitors raising their glass for seconds (and thirds!) on their visits to Asheville’s top breweries.