Ready to take on the next themed 5k race? Universal Studios Hollywood has you covered.
Universal Studios Hollywood will host its inaugural Running Universal 5k race next year, featuring the hilarious and beloved Minions from the Despicable Me and Minions films.
The race will take place on May 11th, 2019 at 6:00 AM (PST), and will see participants run a 3.1-mile course that weaves throughout the theme park, areas of the Universal Backlot, special behind-the-scenes experiences, and finishing up in the Universal CityWalk. Runners will also be able to pose for pictures with their favorite Minions characters along the way.
The event will be chip-timed for those interested in tracking their race time, but the description of the event boasts that it is the perfect event for beginners and anyone simply looking to have fun.
Three different packages are available for those interested in participating in the race:
5K STANDARD REGISTRATION INCLUDES:
- Collectible Minion 5K Finisher Medal
- Custom Race Bib with timing chip
- Running Universal 5K T-shirt*
- Collectible Minion Pin
- Post-race beverages and refreshments
- Custom digital finisher certificate
- Complimentary General Parking**
- Opportunity to purchase post-race entry to Universal Studios Hollywood Theme Park at an exclusive Running Universal price, including Early Park Admission
5K VIP REGISTRATION INCLUDES THE STANDARD REGISTRATION PACKAGE, PLUS:
- Exclusive VIP check-in
- Complimentary Valet Parking
- Post-race VIP breakfast on Universal CityWalk
- Running Universal reusable water bottle
- 1-on-1 meet and greet with Illumination’s Minions
5K FAN PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Minion cap
- Minion drawstring backpack
- Guaranteed access to fan zone at the Finish Line
- Complimentary beverages and refreshments at the Finish Line
Coming from someone who considers themselves a non-runner, but has completed the RunDisney “Dopey Challenge” – which involves running 48.6 miles throughout the various parks of the Walt Disney World Resort over the course of four days – a romp through a theme park is an incredibly enjoyable experience that all fans should take part in at some point. There’s something about running through a theme park outside of business hours that adds to the magic of the race itself.
The inaugural 5k at Universal Studios Hollywood sounds like it will have that kind of experience. Just make sure to prepare for the big day by using Running Universal’s training guide available on their website.