Travelers visiting Orlando have plenty of thrilling activities to choose from. Home to more than a dozen theme parks, from Walt Disney World to Universal Studios, Orlando is family-friendly and boredom-busting. With a wide range of places to eat and theme parks to spend the day at, visitors will be delighted to discover the many local activities to experience that make Orlando special and Florida quite so, well, Florida. Between the humidity and heat, the exotic wildlife, and the unique beauty of this destination, spending time here requires planning a solid itinerary.
We have put together the top local tours to Orlando that visitors and locals alike recommend for their solid combination of fun, thrills, and a dash of learning the local history. Without further ado, here are the ten best activities for adventurers looking to make their trip to Orlando an unforgettable experience.
10 See The Everglades On An Airboat
No trip to Florida would be complete without getting up close with an alligator or two in the Everglades. Put on some noise-canceling headphones and step on board an airboat, where the knowledgeable guide will take you through the waterways at varying speeds to see the variety of wildlife. Guests can expect to see alligators, turtles, snakes, and exotic birds as well. Here are the details on taking this popular thrilling airboat tour:
- Tour: Approximately 90-minutes long
- Price: $88.99 per person
- What's included: Get up close and personal with alligators and learn about the beauty of the Everglades.
9 Go Out Of This World With NASA
For a truly otherworldly experience, take a tour of the Kennedy Space Center and discover the incredible exhibits like Saturn V. Guests can explore the facility and get a close-up view of launchpads, as well as participate in a simulated Shuttle Launch Experience, learn about space at Astronaut Encounter, and see IMAX films. Participants even have the option to upgrade for lunch with a veteran astronaut! This interstellar tour includes:
- What's included: Transportation to Kennedy Space Center from select locations in Orlando, and admission to the center
- Tour: Guests will have a chance to explore all day as the experience lasts 7 hours
- Price: $69.99
8 Soar Over Orlando In A Helicopter
Remember how Orlando has more than a dozen theme parks scattered in its midst? Why not experience them all in a truly unique way--by air? Take a private helicopter tour over Universal Studios, SeaWorld, Disney World, and Lake Toho. With a guaranteed window seat, guests are bound to get some incredible photos of the stunning views. This sky-high excursion includes:
- Tour: 25-minute flight over Orlando's theme parks
- Price: $65.00 per person
- What to expect: Plenty of awesome photo ops and lively commentary from your pilot.
7 Go For A Glass Bottom Kayak Tour
For a chance to experience some of the ethereal beauty that Florida possesses, take this renowned guided tour that is unlike any other. Hop into a glass bottom kayak where you will paddle around in an area of Rock Springs Run called "Emerald Cut." Known for the stunning beauty of this location, guests will see all the way through the sparkling water, where they can spy fish, turtles, exotic birds, and small alligators. The tour group is kept small for safety, and so the guide can provide the most engaging experience. Participants can expect:
- Tour: 2-hour tour of the crystal clear Rock Springs "Emerald Cut" waters
- Price: $81.00 per person
- What's included: All safety gear and kayak, a knowledgeable guide, and gorgeous mother nature
6 Head To Clearwater Beach For A Dolphin Encounter
Step outside of Orlando and spend some time on the white sands of Clearwater Beach, where guests can enjoy a thrilling dolphin encounter cruise. Get up close with bottleneck dolphins and have the opportunity to learn about their intelligence and behavior from your tour guide. Guests can expect:
- Tour: This is an all-day adventure that lasts from early morning to afternoon
- Price: $98.99 per person
- What's included: Round trip transportation from select Orlando locations and fare for the cruise, with a restaurant lunch if guests choose this option.
5 Snorkel With Manatees
Need we say more? Leave the theme parks behind and head to one of Florida's most delightful locations: Crystal River. Here you will spend time in the natural manatee habitat and swim and snorkel alongside these gentle creatures. Afterward, this tour includes an airboat adventure in the Everglades to spot even more unique wildlife. Guests can expect:
- Tour: An all-day adventure that begins in the morning and ends in the early evening
- Price: $148.99 per person
- What's included: Round-trip transportation is included from Orlando, and breakfast and lunch.
4 Spend The Day In St. Augustine
For a chance to experience the old-world charm, take this popular day trip tour to St. Augustine--one of the oldest towns in America. Guests can choose to take an optional sightseeing cruise or trolley car, or they can just enjoy the beautiful Spanish Colonial architecture and enjoy the many local dining options in this unique destination. Visitors can expect:
- Tour: An all-day, 10-hour excursion to this lovely town, with lots of options to keep busy like a sightseeing cruise or trolley car
- Price: $84.99 per person
- What's included: Round trip transportation from Orlando as well as lunch
3 Make Room For A Magic Show
Why not sprinkle in a little magic and illusion during your trip to Orlando? This crowd-pleasing activity offers an always surprising mix of comedy, improv, crowd participation, and a 'how-did-he-do-that?' series of magic tricks. Guests enjoy pizza, salad, and soft drinks throughout the show and, of course, plenty of laughs. Details on this excursion are:
- Activity: A 90-minute magic and improv comedy show
- Price: $34.07
- What's included: Pizza, salad, soft drinks, plus the option to upgrade for admission to WonderWorks amusement park or a Lazer-tag game
2 Take A Tour Of Miami
For a truly energizing day trip, take this guided full-day excursion to Miami, one of the most exciting cities in the world. Guests will enjoy the Bayside Marketplace, the beautiful beaches, and the inspiring Art Deco district of South Beach. This dynamic destination will leave travelers energized and wanting to come back for more. Guests can expect:
- Tour: An all-day trip that covers the many hotspots in Miami
- Price: $128.99
- What's included: Round trip transportation from Orlando, guided tours of Miami, lunch, and an option to upgrade to a leisurely cruise of Biscayne Bay.
1 Say Goodnight With A Sunset Cruise
Round out your day with this family-friendly sunset cruise around East Lake Toho. Guests can BYOB and bring their own food and snacks. While listening to music, adults can sip on their favorite drinks while kids can play a wide variety of games. This calming cruise also heads up a canal to goat island, where folks can feed--you guessed it--goats! This scenic and ultimately relaxing journey is a great way to conclude a memorable trip to Orlando. Sign up for this tour and expect:
- Tour: A family-friendly 2-hour tranquil cruise on East Lake Toho, with a jaunt up a canal to feed some hungry goats
- Price: $30.00
- What's included: Parking fees are included, and a memorable sunset over Florida.