An opportunity to take in the great outdoors should never be overlooked, especially when looking for a great alternative to the standard getaway or beloved staycation. So, if you are searching for great views, ample state parks, affordable outdoor fun, or even simple relaxation, look no further than Pennsylvania. PA is brimming with picturesque vacation spots and leisure activities, plus it's home to some of the best cabin rentals in the country. Whether you are a connoisseur of all things outdoorsy, looking to go off-grid, or just craving a change of pace/scenery, PA has many accommodations that fit the bill. Here are the eight best cabin rentals in Pennsylvania for every itinerary.
8 Waterfront Authentic Log Home
If a relaxing lake or waterfront vacation makes your heart skip a beat, then a 4-day-long weekend in a lavish authentic log home near Pocono, PA, is just what you need. A popular cabin meets lake spot, Pocono, and its surrounding areas, offer over a dozen lakefront cabin rentals. Notably, The Mount Springs Lake Resort is at the top of the list in this serene landscape. This lake resort, touted as the perfect escape, has stunning log homes/cottages for rent and fun amenities for the whole family.
- Location : The Mount Springs Lake Resort
1246 Mountain Springs Dr, Reeders, PA 18352
- Contact : (570) 629-0251
- Rates : Vary by rental but start at $490 a night.
- Amenities : Sandy beaches, play areas, rainy day game rooms, a two-mile nature trail around the lake, complimentary rowboats, fishing in a stocked private lake, fire pit areas, and an orchard.
7 Romantic Cabin for Two
PA has a wealth of romantic cabin rentals that are great for honeymoons, anniversaries, or those looking for something more intimate. The Gateway Lodge happens to be one such place for couples and offers several cabin rental options: Black Bear, Rustic, and Luxury.
- Location : The Gateway Lodge
14870 Route 36, Cooksburg, PA 16217
- Contact : (814) 744-8017
- Rates : Vary by rental but start at $150 a night.
- Amenities : Retreat/holiday deals, an Elopement package, a restaurant, Cook Forest excursions, relaxing surroundings, live music, and nearby day tours/activities.
6 State Park Access Galore
Yet another great thing about Pennsylvania is its gorgeous state parks, many of which offer onsite lodging and cabin rentals. One state park, in particular, that boasts numerous campsites, cottages, and cabin rentals are Promised Land State Park. This park is nearly 3,000 acres, located on Pocono Plateau, and is surrounded by 12,000+ acres of Pennsylvania's Delaware State Forest land.
- Location : Promised Land State Park
100 Lower Lake Rd, Greentown, PA 18426
- Contact : (570) 676-3428
- Rates : Vary by rental but start at approximately $40 a night.
- Amenities : Enjoy fishing, boating, hiking trails , and exploring one of the many state parks.
5 Off-The-Grid Delight
Travelers looking for something more off-the-grid will be happy to know that in the middle of Michaux State Forest, there is a cabin rental named The Forest House. This majestic rental is secluded and allows guests to feel at home while being deeply immersed in the stunning beauty of nature.
- Location : The Forest House
133 Pine Tree Dr, Newville, PA 17241
- Contact : (717) 324-1342
- Rates : Vary by season, but forest lovers can rent the entire house for roughly $225 a night.
- Amenities : Air conditioning, laundry facilities, an outdoor fire pit, lush scenery, access to sections of the Appalachian Trail , and all the true comforts of being off-grid.
4 Storybook Cabin
If you have always wanted to kick back in lodgings straight out of a storybook, now is your chance. Storybook invokes a simpler time with endless greenery, ample wildlife, and a cozy cottage that makes you wonder when exactly Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs decided to AirBnB out their magical abode.
- Location : 511 Guzzi Blvd, River Road, Clarington, PA 15828
- Contact : (814) 752-6177
- Rates : A single-night stay starts at $170; 3-day, 5-day, and weekly rates are also available.
- Amenities : Convenient access to both Cook Forest and Clear Creek State Parks, pet-friendly accommodations, breathtaking river views, and more.
3 A Rustic Dream Come True
For those who prefer a truly rustic cabin experience, a private log mansion that sleeps up to nine guests in the mountains is worth considering. This charming and fully-furnished rental is just one-hour out from Pittsburgh. Here guests can enjoy stellar amenities like a wood-burning fireplace, wraparound deck, several large flat-screen TVs, and an outdoor kitchen/barbecue.
- Location : Champion, PA 15622
- Contact : (720) 212-0854
- Rates : $245 a night; rates do vary depending on the length of stay and number of guests.
- Amenities : Pet-friendly grounds, plus lots of outdoor activities at your fingertips, including swimming, biking, hiking, water sports, winter sports, hunting, golfing, horseback riding, and nearby wine tasting.
2 An Outdoorsy Getaway
Need an outdoorsy escape from everyday life? If so, then Lake Raystown Resort is your one-stop shop for an all-things-outdoor vacay. From yurts to cabins and cottages, this resort is known as nature’s playground and offers every kind of lodgings imaginable with limitless options for outdoor fun.
- Location : Lake Raystown Resort
3101 Chipmunk Crossing, Entriken, PA 16638
- Contact : (814) 658-3500
- Rates : Vary by rental, with most starting at roughly $114 and up a night.
- Amenities : Pet-friendly grounds, concierge on call, hiking trails, boating/kayaking, playgrounds, family-oriented activities, a convenience store, fresh-water swimming, onsite marina, dining, shopping, and even more outdoor fun available nearby.
1 Luxury Lodgings
5-star cabin rentals with first-class amenities are also available in the Quaker State for visitors looking to take glamping to the next level. Nestled in Pa’s Northwestern idyllic scenery, The Lodge at Glendorn has been a favorite luxury destination for almost 100 years. These lodgings take the cake with its Forest Spa, 1,500 acres of land, award-winning dining, lavish cabin rentals, and out-of-this-world amenities.
- Location : The Lodge at Glendorn
1000 Glendorn Drive, Bradford, PA 16701
- Contact : (814)362-6511
- Rates : Vary per rental and typically start at $800+ a night.
- Amenities : First-rate resort conveniences, outdoor activities, spa services, heated swimming pools, chef-prepared breakfast, and tennis courts.