Fast Facts About The South West
- States And Regions That Make Up The South West: Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado.
- Timezones include: Eastern time zone (EST)
- Most Populous Cities: Houston, Phoenix, San Antonio
Geographic Places of Note
- Mountains to see: Tahoe National Forest and Lake Tahoe, Eldorado National Forest.
- The Grand Canyon National Park is located in Arizona.
- Notable bodies of water include the Great Salt Lake, Colorado River, and Rio Grande.
- Arizona is home to the Yuma Desert.
SOUTH WEST DESTINATIONS
Texas - Accommodations, top sights, activities & food
Budget-friendly accommodations in Texas offer guests basic amenities, including wireless internet, television, air conditioning, and a refrigerator. Such accommodations provide a good value relative to their low prices.
- Baymont by Wyndham Kingwood
- Sleep Inn and Suites at Six Flags, San Antonio
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza
Mid-range accommodations in Texas usually offer additional amenities, such as an on-site pool and complimentary breakfast. Moreover, they tend to be closer to the city center and the main attractions.
- Houston CityPlace Marriott at Springwoods Village
- The Stephen F Austin Royal Sonesta Hotel
- Canvas Hotel Dallas
High-end accommodations in Texas are the most expensive and offer the best amenities, including saunas, jacuzzis, spas, and pools. Rooms in such accommodations come with the best views of the city.
Texas Travel Guides
Top Sights In Texas
Texas is the second-largest state in the United States and is full of possibilities for fun and adventure. From the cities to the desert, mountains, and coastal beaches, millions of people visit the American state to enjoy such top and unique sights.
- Devil's Hole Was Once Considered A Sacred Location In Texas, And Visitors Will Love Its Modern-Day Tours
- This Cave Is Home To The Largest Bat Colony In The World, And It's Located Right In San Antonio, Texas
- How To Plan Your Stay At Texas' Big Bend National Park
Things To Do In Texas
Each unique area in Texas has something to offer. From museums, savory food and drinks, and spectacular shows to landmarks, such as the State Capitol in Austin and the Alamo in San Antonio, there's a lot to enjoy in Texas.
- 10 Places To Celebrate Spring Break 2022 In Texas
- Things You Should Not Miss When Visiting Canyon Lake, Texas
- How To Spend Time In Earth: The Texas Town, Not The Planet
Visit Texas's Top Cities
Texas is a huge state that encompasses vast lands. It is home to lush wine regions, deserts, beaches, and much more special places that people love to visit. Texas has also unique cities full of amazing activities. Those cities include Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, and others.
- How To Plan The Best Family-Friendly Houston Vacation
- Dallas, Texas: Your Essential Weekend Itinerary
- How You Can Live It Up With One Weekend In San Antonio
- Free Things To Do When Visiting Austin
- Houston, Texas: Your Essential Weekend Itinerary
Food To Discover In Texas
Best Restaurants In Texas
The fantastic food scene in Texas is vibrant and exciting, and one will find the yummiest barbecue meats and international world-class cuisine, wineries, and breweries in this state.
- The Beef With Houston: These Are The Three Best Steakhouses In The City
- Dallas Date Night: A Guide To The Most Romantic Restaurants
- These Tex Mex Restaurants In Austin Have The Yummiest Food and The Best Happy Hour
NEW MEXICO - Top sights, national parks & cuisine
Budget-friendly options can be found in New Mexico when searching for affordable accommodations. Those places can include several amenities, such as air conditioning, wireless internet, and television.
Mid Range accommodations in New Mexico usually have more amenities that are upgrades to budget-friendly locations. Centrally-located and popular addresses make these spots more desirable.
High-End accommodation options are available in New Mexico and offer world-class amenities, such as swimming pools, saunas, jacuzzis, and spas. Those are more the most expensive accommodations.
New Mexico Travel Guides
Visiting New Mexico is an unforgettable adventure in itself. The state is rich with Native American artwork, hot springs, and desert vegetation. Moreover, explorers of caves and canyons will love to visit New Mexico to partake in its unique activities that please everyone.
- New Mexico Really Is The 'Land Of Enchantment' And It's Easy To See Why
- Here's Where To Find The Best Ancient Pueblo Ruins In New Mexico
- This New Mexico Park Is Home To More Than Just Hiking, Here's Where You Can Go Dune Sledding
New Mexico is a culturally and naturally rich state, home to two national historical parks, two national parks, 11 national monuments, and one national heritage area. And visiting all of those when hitting the state is a must.
- Interested In Visiting Carlsbad Caverns National Park? Here's Why You Should Go
- This Is What Happened To Pecos Pueblo, And Why You Should See It For Yourself
- What To Expect At The Manhattan Project National Historical Park, A Project That Changed The World
When visiting New Mexico, people enjoy hiking in the state that is home to America's most unique hiking trails. One of the best hikes in New Mexico includes the Pueblo Alto Trail.
- The Prehistoric De-Na-Zin Wilderness Is One Of New Mexico's Most Diverse Natural Landscapes
- Island In The Sky: How To See It Via The Road And The Trail
Top Sights In New Mexico
New Mexico is home to the most diverse and scenic landscapes in North America, with endless opportunities for exploration and adventure. The state is home to the iconic White Sands National Monument and the Bandelier National Monument.
- This New Mexico Park Is Home To More Than Just Hiking, Here's Where You Can Go Dune Sledding
- A guide to Carlsbad Caverns National Park in New Mexico
- See Over 1,000 Years of Continuous History At Taos Pueblo
Things To Do In New Mexico
People enjoy doing several activities while vacationing in New Mexico. These include visiting the state's iconic museums, stunning villages, beautiful cities including Santa Fe and Albuquerque, and performing a handful of other activities.
- This Albuquerque Festival Is Home To Almost 600 Unique Hot Air Balloons Each Year
- Santa Fe, New Mexico: Your Essential Weekend Itinerary
- To Visit The Site Of The Oldest Church In The U.S., You'd Need To Go To New Mexico
Food To Discover In New Mexico
Best Restaurants In New Mexico
New Mexico's restaurants are known for offering the most delicious and savory food. Learn about the best restaurants in the state and indulge in the tasty eats that New Mexico’s restaurants offer.
ARIZONA - Accommodations, hikes & things to do
Budget-friendly accommodations in Arizona are easy to find when looking for affordable places to stay in the state. Those accommodations offer basic amenities and clean rooms that meet the needs of their clients.
Mid-range accommodations are available everywhere in Arizona at reasonable rates. They offer the perfect combination of value-for-money and comfort. Moreover, they feature bigger rooms than their budget-friendly counterparts.
- The Grand Hotel at the Grand Canyon, Tusayan
- Found Re Phoenix
- Hotel Tucson City Center, Ascend Hotel Collection
High-end accommodations are the most luxurious in Arizona and feature large rooms with world-class amenities, including swimming pools, saunas, jacuzzis, and other advanced facilities.
Arizona Travel Guides
Best Hikes In Arizona
When visiting Arizona, people enjoy hiking in the state that is home to America's most beautiful trails. The best hikes in Arizona include that of the Antelope Canyon and Grand Canyon.
- A Guide To Exploring The Wave, Arizona's Lesser-Known Canyon
- A Guide To Hiking Bright Angel Trail In The Grand Canyon
- How To Hike Lower Antelope Canyon (And Why You Should Go With A Guide)
Top Sights In Arizona
Arizona is home to marvelous sights and attractions, including the iconic Grand Canyon National Park, magnificent Monument Valley, stunning Petrified Forest National Park, and other mesmerizing towns and villages.
- Under Canvas Grand Canyon: Why This Arizona Glampsite Is The Best During The Fall
- Saguaro National Park: Home Of Arizona’s (Vacation-Worthy) Giant Cacti
- This Arizona Canyon Is Only Open For Guided Tours, But It's Still The Most Photographed By Visitors
Things To Do In Arizona
There are plenty of activities to undertake in Arizona, such as visiting the iconic Grand Canyon, witnessing the state's unique red rock mountains in Sedona, and beholding the beauty of the Monument Valley.
- Best Must-Do Activities In Arizona Only Known By Locals
- A Day At Bearizona: Arizona's Ultimate American Wildlife Safari
- What To Do During A Weekend Spent In Tucson, Arizona
Food To Discover In Arizona
Best Restaurants In Arizona
Arizona is known for its delicious and savory food, such as cheese crisps, Chimichangas, and Navajo tacos. The state is also home to the best restaurants in South-West America.
COLORADO - Top sights, places to visit & restaurants
Budget-friendly accommodations can be easily located when spending a vacation in Colorado. Such places offer basic amenities and safe, clean rooms to their guests at the most affordable prices.
Mid-range accommodations are available in Colorado and offer their clients larger comfortable rooms and a good value-for-money. Moreover, rooms can include additional amenities, such as free WiFi.
High-End accommodations are the most luxurious in Colorado and the most expensive. Such accommodations offer world-class amenities to their guests, such as swimming pools, saunas, and jacuzzis.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Denver
- Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center, Aurora
- Four Seasons Hotel Denver
Colorado Travel Guides
Top Sights In Colorado
Colorado is home to marvelous sights and attractions, including the splendid Rocky Mountain National Park, magnificent Vail, and nearby mountain towns, stunning Mesa Verde National Park, and other mesmerizing towns and villages.
- Mount Elbert: What To Know About The "Gentle Giant" In The Colorado Rockies
- This National Park In Colorado Is Home To America's Largest Sand Dunes
- Garden Of The Gods: What To Expect When Visiting Colorado's Most Beautiful Rock Formations
Things To Do In Colorado
There are plenty of activities to undertake in Colorado, such as visiting the iconic Pikes Peak in Pike National Forest, witnessing the state's Garden of the Gods, and beholding the beauty of the Durango and the Silverton Narrow Gauge Railway.
- The Best Ski Resorts In Colorado (That Are A Day Trip At Most)
- These Are The Best Music Festivals Worth Attending In Colorado
- Hot Air Ballooning Is The Best Way To See Colorado's Rocky Mountains, And Here's How
Places To Visit In Colorado
Colorado is home to a countless number of unique places that one cannot find anywhere else in the world. For instance, the iconic cities of Denver, Colorado Springs, and Fort Collins exist in this unique southwestern American state. Moreover, Colorado is home to other iconic small towns that are worth visiting.
- Any Of These Colorado Towns Would Be Perfect For Cozying Up In The Winter
- Colorado's Hidden Gems Include These Perfect Small Towns
- Why Denver, Colorado Should Be On Your Travel Radar
Food To Discover In Colorado
Best Restaurants In Colorado
Colorado’s restaurants offer the most delicious and savory food, particularly the Rocky Mountain Oysters. Learn about the best restaurants in the state and indulge in the tasty eats that Colorado’s restaurants offer.