Fast Facts About The South East
- States And Regions That Make Up The South East: North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Louisiana, Tennessee
- Timezones include: Eastern Standard Time (EST), Central Standard Time (CST)
- Most Populous Cities: Jacksonville, Charlotte, Nashville
Geographic Places of Note
- Mountains to see: Blue Ridge Mountains, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Driskill Mountain.
- Louisiana is home to several natural wonders, including the Toledo Bend and Breton Wildlife Refuge.
- Notable bodies of water include Lake Murray and Pamlico River.
- Nevada is home to the Tuckaleechee Caverns.
SOUTH EAST DESTINATIONS
NORTH AND SOUTH CAROLINA - Accommodations, Georgia guides, beaches & things to do
Budget-friendly accommodations in North and South Carolina offer guests basic amenities, including wireless internet, television, air conditioning, and a refrigerator. Such accommodations provide a good value relative to their low prices.
Mid-range accommodations in North and South Carolina usually offer additional amenities, such as an on-site pool and complimentary breakfast. Moreover, they tend to be closer to the city center and the main attractions.
- Francis Marion Hotel, Historic District, Charleston
- Holiday Inn Charlotte Center City, an IHG Hotel
- Cedar Crest Inn, Asheville
High-end accommodations in North and South Carolina are the most expensive and offer the best amenities, including saunas, jacuzzis, spas, and pools. Rooms in such accommodations come with the best views of the city.
- Charleston Place, A Belmond Hotel, Charleston
- Montage Palmetto Bluff, Bluffton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte
Carolina and Georgia Guides
Top Sights In Carolina
North and South Carolina are known to be two of the most unique states in America. They are home to famous sites, and almost no one has the time to see them all. Many people come to those states to see the iconic Blue Ridge Parkway and Charleston’s Historic District.
- This North Carolina Wilderness Isn't Called 'Yosemite Of The East' For No Reason
- Ocracoke Island Is North Carolina's Best Kept Vacation Secret
- What To Do In Traveler's Rest, South Carolina's 'Coolest Small Town'
North Carolina Guides
Each unique area in North Carolina has something to offer. From museums, savory food and drinks, and splendid waterfalls to landmarks, such as the Battleship North Carolina and the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, there's a lot to enjoy in North Carolina.
- Some Of The Best Ski Resorts In The South Are In North Carolina
- What To Expect Staying At Biltmore In North Carolina, One of America's Largest Century Homes
- 10 Things You Never Knew You Could Do In North Carolina
Visit Neighboring state Georgia
Georgia is so diverse and so huge that one can spend a lifetime in that state without having the chance to undergo all the activities that it has to offer. Even figuring out where to start is a complex task.
- Island-Hopping In Georgia Is The Perfect Winter Vacation
- Historic: Savannah Is The Oldest City In Georgia (& Its First Capital)
- Why Everyone Should Visit The Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park In Georgia
Things To Do In Carolina
People enjoy doing several activities while vacationing in North and South Carolina. These include visiting South Carolina’s splendid plantation gardens, beautiful cities including Charleston and Charlotte, and performing a handful of other activities.
- Carolina Showdown: Which State Is Worth Visiting Over The Other?
- These Are The Best North Carolina Ski Resorts Of 2021
- Wright Brothers National Memorial: See How Mankind First Took To The Air In North Carolina
Visit South Carolina
Travel Guides for South Carolina
South Carolina is home to marvelous sights and attractions, including the historic Fort Sumter and Charleston Harbor, magnificent USS Yorktown and Patriots Point, stunning Huntington Beach State Park, and other mesmerizing towns and villages.
- Reasons To Fall In Love With South Carolina
- Does Hilton Head Island Live Up To The Hype? Here Are Some Things You Might Not Know You Can Do There
- The Myrtle Beach Travel Park Is Easy To Find & Has Everything You Need For An Easy Vacay
Beaches in Carolina
North and South Carolina are home to several mesmerizing beaches that boast white sand and clear pristine waters. Those beaches include the Emerald Isle, Bald Head Island, Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head Island, and others.
- This Is How To Plan An Entire Day On The Myrtle Beach Boardwalk
- You Won't Need To Leave The U.S. To Visit This Emerald Isle, And It's The Perfect Summer Destination
- You Can Swim At Hilton Head In October, And This Is Why It's The Best Time To Go
Food To Discover In Carolina
Best Restaurants In Carolina
The fantastic scene in North and South Carolina is vibrant and exciting, and one will find the yummiest fried chicken and international world-class cuisine, wineries, and breweries in these states.
- A Guide To The Best Southern Food In Charleston
- If You're Visiting Asheville For The Breweries, Start With These
- North Carolina, New York, Tennesse And Other Major Cities With The Best BBQ (According To Stars)
FLORIDA - Top sights, beaches & food
Budget-friendly options can be found in Florida when searching for affordable accommodations. Those places can include several amenities, such as air conditioning, wireless internet, and television.
- Hilton Garden Inn Daytona Beach Oceanfront
- Rosen Inn International Near The Parks
- Southern Oaks Inn - Saint Augustine
Mid Range accommodations in Florida usually have more amenities that are upgrades to budget-friendly locations. Centrally-located and popular addresses make these spots more desirable.
- The Saint Hotel, St Pete Beach
- Hillsboro Beach Resort
- Caribe Royale Orlando, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando
High-End accommodation options are available in Florida and offer world-class amenities, such as swimming pools, saunas, jacuzzis, and spas. Those are more the most expensive accommodations.
Top Sights In Florida
Florida is home to several unique landmarks and fun places, including Walt Disney World, Kennedy Space Center, Universal Studios, Miami Beach and the Art Deco Historic District, Everglades National Park, Daytona 500 International Speedway, and others.
- Magic Hacks: 10 Things To Know When Visiting Walt Disney World
- Miami Beach Winter: Can We Convince You To Visit After Summer?
- Walking The Anhinga Trail In Everglades National Park Practically Ensures Visitors Will See Alligators
Things To Do In Florida
People enjoy doing several activities while vacationing in Florida. These include visiting the state's iconic museums, stunning parks, beautiful cities including Orlando and Miami, and performing a handful of other activities.
- Honeymoon Island: What To Do In Florida's Most-Loved Park
- 9 Family-Friendly Florida Activities (That Aren’t Disney)
- Orlando Is More Than Disney: Here's What Else To Experience
Beaches in Florida
Florida is home to several mesmerizing beaches that boast white sand and clear pristine waters. Those beaches include Miami Beach, Destin Beach, Key West, Panama City Beach, and others.
- Harbour Island: Everything To Know About Visiting This Pink Sand Beach From Florida
- What To Do On Sunny Isles Beach, One Of Florida's Sunniest Coastlines
- 10 Beaches In Florida You’ve Never Heard Of
Food To Discover In Florida
Best Restaurants In Florida
Florida's restaurants are known for offering the most delicious and savory food. Learn about the best restaurants in the state and indulge in the tasty eats that Florida restaurants provide.
- Key Lime Pie Isn't The Only Food The Florida Keys Are Known For
- 10 Restaurants You Must Visit In Florida (& Their Most Popular Dish)
- Here's Where You Can Find The Best Cuban Foods In Miami
LOUISIANA - Things to do & New Orleans guide
Budget-friendly accommodations can be easily located when spending a vacation in Louisiana. Such places offer basic amenities and safe, clean rooms to their guests at the most affordable prices.
Mid Range accommodations in Louisiana usually have more amenities that are upgrades to budget-friendly locations. Centrally-located and popular addresses make these spots more desirable.
- La Quinta by Wyndham Boutte
- Q & C Hotel Bar New Orleans, Autograph Collection
- Le Pavillon New Orleans
High-end accommodations in Louisiana are the most expensive and offer the best amenities, including saunas, jacuzzis, spas, and pools. Rooms in such accommodations come with the best views of the city.
Louisiana Travel Guides
New Orleans Travel Guides
New Orleans is home to marvelous sights and attractions, including the French Quarter, National WWII Museum, Jackson Square, Preservation Hall, and St Louis Cathedral.
- A Complete Guide To New Orleans Neighborhoods For First-Timers
- New Orleans: Why You Should Stay In The Garden District
- Two Days Is More Than Enough To Explore New Orleans, Here's How
Top Sights In Louisiana
Louisiana is home to several unique landmarks, including the New Orleans Museum of Art, Bourbon Street, New Orleans City Park, Oak Valley Plantation, Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, Audubon Zoo, etc.
- How To Spend The Perfect Weekend In Lake Charles
- 10 Best Bars On Bourbon Street
- New Orleans: 10 Hidden Gems You Didn’t Know You Can Visit In the French Quarter
Things To Do In Louisiana
People enjoy doing several activities while vacationing in Louisiana. These include witnessing the Melrose Plantation, attending the Mardi Gras celebrations, visiting the Old State Capitol, and taking a unique swamp tour.
- The Votes Are In, And These Are New Orleans' Best Haunt And Voodoo Tours
- Swamp People: 15 Things They Don't Openly Share With Viewers
- Not Just Mardi Gras: What To See In NOLA Off The Beaten Path
Food To Discover In Louisiana
Best Restaurants In Louisiana
Louisiana’s restaurants offer the most delicious and savory food, particularly the Gumbo and Muffuletta. Learn about the best restaurants in the state and indulge in the tasty eats that Louisiana restaurants offer.
- 10 Restaurants You Must Visit In Louisiana (& Their Most Popular Dish)
- Where To Get The Best Po' Boys In New Orleans, Louisiana
- How Gumbo Came To Be A Classic (And Beloved) New Orlean's Dish
TENNESSEE - Top sights & Nashville guide
Budget-friendly accommodations can be easily located when spending a vacation in Tennessee. Such places offer basic amenities and safe, clean rooms to their guests at the most affordable prices.
- Country Cascades Waterpark Resort, Pigeon Forge
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Gatlinburg
- La Quinta by Wyndham Chattanooga - East Ridge
Mid-range accommodations in Tennessee usually offer additional amenities, such as an on-site pool and complimentary breakfast. Moreover, they tend to be closer to the city center and the main attractions.
High-End accommodation options are available in Tennessee and offer world-class amenities, such as swimming pools, saunas, jacuzzis, and spas. Those are more the most expensive accommodations.
- The Hermitage Hotel, Nashville
- The Joseph, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Nashville
- Grant Hyatt Nashville
Tennessee Travel Guides
Top Sights In Tennessee
Tennessee is home to several unique attractions, including the Smoky Mountains National Park, Graceland, the Elvis Presley Memphis Complex, Tennessee’s Civil War Heritage, Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage, the Parthenon in Nashville, Lookout Mountain, etc.
- Rome In America: There Is A Full Sized Parthenon Replica In Tennessee's Centennial Park
- Hiking Guide: Best Trails In Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Everything Fans Need To Know About Visiting Graceland, The Famed Former Home Of Elvis Presley
Things To Do In Tennessee
People enjoy doing several activities while vacationing in Tennessee. These include witnessing the Titanic Museum, experiencing the Lost Sea Adventure, visiting Downtown Knoxville, and hitting Chattanooga and the Tennessee Valley Railroad.
- Looking For Cheap Chattanooga Pastimes? These Are Free!
- Franklin: What To See And Do In This Charming Tennessee Town
- When Visiting Memphis, Touring The Lorraine Motel Is Something That Should Not Be Missed
Nashville is home to marvelous sights and attractions, including the Music Row, the Nashville Parthenon, The Grand Ole Opry, The General Jackson Showboat, and the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
- Nashville Isn't Just Music: Visit Its Most Scenic City Parks, Too
- Jolene, Jolene: Visiting Dolly Parton's Iconic Nashville Bar
- This Is Why You Should Spend A Long Weekend In Nashville This October
Food To Discover In Tennessee
Best Restaurants In Tennessee
Tennessee’s restaurants are known for offering the most delicious and savory food, particularly country ham and hot chicken. Learn about the best restaurants in the state and indulge in the tasty eats that Tennessee restaurants provide.