Indiana is the hub of the Hoosiers and history. The state boasts a wide variety of intriguing sites to visit, from entertaining activities in its capital, Indianapolis, to family-friendly tourist destinations in Fort Bloomington, Wayne, and Lafayette. Just ten minutes west of Indianapolis, Hendricks, a magnificent county, is also a must-visit place. Its tiny towns and local areas provide amazing fun activities in an affordable and accessible way. There are several locations to relax, take in the outdoors, have some delicious BBQ, and experience the nitromethane effect if tourists prefer racing across the area. Here are ten sights worth seeing in Hendricks County, Indiana.
10 Taste Appetizing Food At Oasis Diner
The Oasis Diner transports diners back to the 1950s, a time when they would anticipate young adults to be sporting leather jackets and poodle skirts. Instead, savor the delicious cuisine and nostalgia the authentic restaurant evokes.
- Recommended food: Breaded pork tenderloin sandwich
- Opening time: Oasis Diner opens daily: Monday through Thursday from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM; Friday and Saturday from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM; Sunday from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Location: 405 W Main St, Plainfield, IN 46168, United States
9 Experience Andy Griffith Show At Mayberry Café
The distinctive Mayberry Café offers everything an Andy Griffith Show fan could dream of, from the rustic decor to the comfort food that tastes like Aunt Bee prepared it herself, making it an enjoyable visit for people of all ages. The café also has screens playing episodes of the program nonstop and even Barney Fife's police vehicle parked out front, making it a must-do for any fan.
- Opening time: Mayberry Café opens daily from 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM except for Monday; it starts serving its diners from 7:00 AM and closes at 9:00 PM.
- Location: 78 W Main St, Danville, IN 46122, United States
8 Shop At Who North America
Who North America started with a fan eager for Doctor Who products. In 2010, Who events in North America attracted clients from all over the region who would hang out, shop, play games, and watch Doctor Who. Nowadays, Doctor Who Merchandise Museum was added to the facility, and it is filled with items from the show's inception to the present.
- Opening time: It opens on Monday from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Tuesday through Thursday from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Friday and Saturday from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM, and closes on Sunday.
- Location: 8901 South State Rd 67, Camby, IN 46113, United States
7 Enjoy Your Meal At Rusted Silo Southern BBQ & Brewhouse
Robert Ecker, a former Disneyland Paris chef, and his team have built a cutting-edge, neighborhood-focused restaurant that is tucked away in a charming little town and is situated next to a train station. The eatery serves ribs, pulled pork, chicken, and many other mouth-watering dishes.
- Opening time: It opens Tuesday through Friday from 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM, Saturday from 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM, and closes on Sunday and Monday.
- Location: 411 N State St, Lizton, IN 46149, United States
6 Have A Breakfast At Bread Basket Café & Bakery
The café is a business family passing from generation to another. Its goal is to help others by providing thoughtful meals and considerate service. Bread Basket Café & Bakery serves breakfast and lunch made up of local produce. Numerous periodicals and television programs, including Good Morning America, have acknowledged it on a national scale.
- Recommended food: The bakery is recognized for its luxuriant desserts like Baby Cakes and Sweetie Pies
- Opening time: It opens Tuesday through Saturday from 7:300 AM to 3:00 PM and closes on Sunday and Monday.
- Location: 46 S Tennessee St, Danville, IN 46122, United States
5 Attend A Race At Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park
Indiana is famed for its racing due to Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park, which hosts the annual September stop of The World's Biggest Drag Race. If tourists are racing fans, they should not skip visiting this park that has a 4400-foot (1341.12 m) drag strip, a 0.686-mile (1.1 Km) oval track, and a 2.5-mile (4 Km) road course making it one of the world's top drag racing sites.
- Location: 10267 US Hwy 136, Indianapolis, IN 46234, United States
- Capacity: 30,000 persons
4 Shop And Pick Produces At Beasley’s Orchard
This family-owned company in Danville has a Civil War-era barn that houses a local market with both handcrafted and home-grown goods. It has been named a top Indiana attraction, and it is known for its sunflower field. Beasley’s Orchard provides entertainment for all ages and helps people to reconnect with their mother earth.
- Events and activities: Sunflower Festival, U-Pick Raspberries, Hayrides to the Pumpkin Patch, and many others.
- Opening time: It opens daily from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, except for Sunday it starts hosting guests at noon.
- Location: 2304 E Main St, Danville, IN 46122, United States
3 Tour The Wonderful Avon Gardens
Avon Gardens, located within 5 acres (20234.3 m2) of exquisitely designed gardens and water features, provides a private and enchanting location for weddings. Receptions held in the evening are truly magnificent due to the spectacular lighting and hundreds of candles placed around the grounds.
- Opening time: It opens on Friday and Saturday from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Sunday from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
- Location: 6259 E County Rd 91 N, Avon, IN 46123, United States
2 Splash Your Creativity At The Tie Dye Lab
The Tie Dye Lab gives its visitors the space to imagine, create, and wear their creations by letting them dye clothing as part of a fun DIY experience. This activity is for groups and individuals, and it teaches people a tie-dye technique that is simple and mess-free.
- Opening time: It opens Tuesday through Friday from 11:00 Am to 8:00 PM, Saturday from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM, Sunday from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM, and closes and Monday.
- Location: 8100 E US Hwy 36 Suite l, Avon, IN 46123, United States
1 Interact With Animals At Oinking Acres Farm Rescue & Sanctuary
Oinking Acres Farm Rescue & Sanctuary is the place to go if tourists are in love with animals. It is a rescue center aiming to save as many animals as it can, place pets in loving families, raise awareness about farm animal rescue, and offer refuge for creatures that cannot be placed in homes.
- Location: 8420 N County Rd 650 E, Brownsburg, IN 46112, United States