Fast Facts About Quebec
- Major Cities That Make Up Quebec: Quebec City, Montreal, Sherbrooke, Gatineau, Trois-Rivieres.
- Timezones include: Eastern time zone (EST)
- Most Populous Cities: Montreal, Quebec City, Sherbrooke.
Geographic Places of Note
- Mountains to see: Laurentian Mountains, Mont-Royal, Mont-Tremblant, Mont Rigaud, Mont-Saint-Grégoire.
- Quebec has several islands, including the Anticosti Island, and Magdalen Islands.
- Notable bodies of water include the Saint Lawrence River and Rivière Saguenay.
- Montreal is home to the Bull Waterfalls.
MOST POPULAR QUEBEC DESTINATIONS
Quebec City - Accommodations, top sights, activities & food
Budget-friendly accommodations in Quebec City offer guests basic amenities, including wireless internet, television, air conditioning, and a refrigerator. Such accommodations provide a good value relative to their low prices.
- Gite le 812, Quebec City center
- Chateau Repotel Henri IV, Les Rivières
- Hotel Marie-Rollet, Old Quebec
Mid-range accommodations in Quebec City usually offer additional amenities, such as an on-site pool and complimentary breakfast. Moreover, they tend to be closer to the city center and the main attractions.
- Le Clos Saint-Louis, Old Quebec
- Chateau Des Tourelles, city center
- Hotel Manoir Victoria, Old Quebec
High-end accommodations in Quebec City are the most expensive and offer the best amenities, including saunas, jacuzzis, spas, and pools. Rooms in such accommodations come with the best views of the city.
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, Old Quebec
- Hotel Palace Royal, Old Quebec
- Auberge Place D'armes, Old Quebec
Quebec City Travel Guides
Top Sights In Quebec City
Quebec City is home to several unique landmarks, including the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, Montmorency Falls, Musée National des beaux-arts du Québec, Museum of Civilization, La Citadelle de Québec, Quartier Petit Champlain, and others.
- A guide to the historic and stunning Château Frontenac
- A guide to visiting Quebec's Old City
- Quebec’s Ice Hotel is a must-visit
- How to enjoy a stay at Chateau Frontenac
Things To Do In Quebec City
Quebec City is so diverse and so huge that one can spend a lifetime in that city without having the chance to undergo all the activities that it has to offer. People enjoy wandering through Place Royale, seeing the Plains of Abraham, witnessing the Parliament Building and Parliament Hill, hiking, and beholding the natural beauty of the region, among other activities.
- A guide to exciting hiking trips in Quebec
- Here's what to do at Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, The 'Venice of Quebec'
- The most amazing things to do in Quebec City
- An essential weekend itinerary in Quebec City
Food To Discover In Quebec City
Best Restaurants In Quebec City
The fantastic scene in Quebec City is vibrant and exciting, and one will find the yummiest Poutine, Tourtières, Cretons, and tasty desserts, such as Grands-Pères and Pouding Chomeur.
- Those underrated foods from Canada are a must-try
- Delicious foods to try in Canada, other than Poutine
- 10 restaurants that serve the best craft beer in Canada
Montreal - Travel guides, things to do & cuisine
Budget-friendly accommodations in Montreal are easy to find when looking for affordable places to stay in the state. Those accommodations offer basic amenities and clean rooms that meet the needs of their clients.
- Manoir Sherbrooke, Plateau Mont Royal
- Le Nouvel Hotel, city center
- Best Western Plus Hotel Montreal, city center
Mid-range accommodations are available everywhere in Montreal at reasonable rates. They offer the perfect combination of value-for-money and comfort. Moreover, they feature bigger rooms than their budget-friendly counterparts.
- Courtyard by Marriott Montreal Downtown, city center
- DoubleTree By Hilton Montreal, city center
- Auberge du Vieux Port, Old Montreal
High-end accommodations are the most luxurious in Montreal and feature large rooms with world-class amenities, including swimming pools, saunas, jacuzzis, and other advanced facilities.
Montreal Travel Guides
Montreal is home to marvelous sights and attractions. The city gets particularly attractive during the warm summer months when people come to enjoy the beautiful sun. Visitors to Montreal enjoy various free activities in the city and get excited when hitting Montreal during the holidays.
- Explore Montreal's iconic underground city
- Amazing reasons to visit Montreal during the holidays
- The best Airbnbs to spend a weekend in Montreal
Top Sights In Montreal
Montreal is home to the Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreal, the magnificent Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, the stunning Mount Royal, the magical Montreal Botanical Garden, and much more.
- The most beautiful winter activities to try at Mount Royal
- Those places in Canada look like they're from a postcard
- Montreal is among the most affordable places to visit during the spring
Things To Do In Montreal
There are plenty of activities to undertake in Montreal, including free activities, such as hiking and visiting historic sites. People also enjoy hitting the city's iconic museums, art galleries, and exploring the Old Port of Montreal.
- A guide to the best hikes around Montreal
- Those free things are a must-do in Montreal
- The essential weekend itinerary in Montreal
Food To Discover In Montreal
Best Restaurants In Montreal
Montreal's restaurants offer the most delicious and savory food, particularly hot chicken, poutine, and smoked meat. Learn about the best restaurants in this city and indulge in the tasty eats that Montreal restaurants offer.