Fast Facts About Nova Scotia
- Major Cities That Make UpNova Scotia: Halifax, Dartmouth, Sydney, Glace Bay, Truro, New Glasgow.
- Timezones include: Atlantic Standard Time (AST).
- Most Populous Cities: Halifax, Cape Breton-Sydney, Truro.
Geographic Places of Note
- Mountains to see: White Hill, Franey Mountain, Wilkie Sugar Loaf, Kellys Mountain, Nuttby Mountain, Sgurra Bhreac.
- Caledonia is home to the Kejimkujik National Park and National Historic Site.
- Notable bodies of water include Tusket River, Bras D'or Lake, Lake Milo, Canso Canal, and Shubenacadie Canal.
- Major islands include: Cape Breton Island, Sable Island, Big Tancook Island, George Island, Oak Island.
POPULAR DESTINATIONS IN NOVA SCOTIA
Nova Scotia - Accommodations, top sights, activities & food
Budget-friendly accommodations in Nova Scotia offer guests basic amenities, including wireless internet, television, air conditioning, and a refrigerator. Such accommodations provide a good value relative to their low prices.
- English Country Garden Bed and Breakfast, Indian Brook, Cape Breton Island
- Best Western Glengarry, Truro
- The Barrington Hotel, Halifax
Mid-range accommodations in Nova Scotia usually offer additional amenities, such as an on-site pool and complimentary breakfast. Moreover, they tend to be closer to the city center and the main attractions.
- Holiday Inn Express Stellarton-New Glasgow, an IHG Hotel, Stellarton
- Residence Inn by Marriott Halifax Dartmouth
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Dartmouth
High-end accommodations in Nova Scotia are the most expensive and offer the best amenities, including saunas, jacuzzis, spas, and pools. Rooms in such accommodations come with the best views of the city.
- Four Points by Sheraton Halifax
- Chateau Bedford Trademark Collection by Wyndham
- The Sutton Place Hotel Halifax
Nova Scotia Travel Guides
Top Sights In Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia is home to several unique landmarks, including the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site, Cape Breton Highlands National Park, Kejimkujik National Park and National Historic Site, Art Gallery of Nova Scotia, Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21, and others.
- Enjoy splendid sights while driving Nova Scotia's scenic Cabot Trail
- Dover Island in Nova Scotia is a must-see
- Here's how to explore Nova Scotia's charming Oak Island
Things To Do In Nova Scotia
People enjoy doing several activities while vacationing in Nova Scotia. These include witnessing the iconic Peggy's Point Lighthouse, stunning Fortress of Louisbourg National Historic Site, the beautiful town of Lunenburg, and performing a handful of other activities.
Food To Discover In Nova Scotia
The fantastic scene in Nova Scotia is vibrant and exciting, and one will find the freshest food and international world-class cuisine, wineries, and breweries in this Canadian province.