Fast Facts About The Midwest
- States And Regions That Make Up The Midwest: Kentucky, West Virginia, Illinois
- Timezones include: Central Standard Time (CST), EST ( Eastern Standard Time)
- Most Populous Cities: Chicago, Lexington, Charleston
Geographic Places of Note
- Mountains to see: Appalachian Mountains, Charles Mound, Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Illinois is home to the Great Lakes Plain, running along Lake Michigan.
- Notable bodies of water include the Mississippi River, Kentucky Lake, and Tygart Valley River.
- Kentucky is home to the Mammoth Cave National Park.
KENTUCKY - Accommodations, top sights, activities & food
Budget-friendly accommodations in Kentucky offer guests basic amenities, including wireless internet, television, air conditioning, and a refrigerator. Such accommodations provide a good value relative to their low prices.
Mid-range accommodations in Kentucky usually offer additional amenities, such as an on-site pool and complimentary breakfast. Moreover, they tend to be closer to the city center and the main attractions.
High-end accommodations in Kentucky are the most expensive and offer the best amenities, including saunas, jacuzzis, spas, and pools. Rooms in such accommodations come with the best views of the city.
- The Seelbach Hilton Louisville
- The Grady Hotel, Louisville
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Ashland Downtown
Kentucky Travel Guides
Top Sights In Kentucky
Kentucky is home to several unique landmarks, including the Mammoth Cave National Park, Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory, Red River Gorge Geological Area, Newport Aquarium, Louisville Zoo, Churchill Downs, and others.
- If You Didn't Know There Was A Massive Life-Sized "Noah's Ark" In Kentucky, Now You Do
- These Tours Of Kentucky's Mammoth Cave Are Worth Taking, Ranked By Difficulty
- The Appalachian Mountains Run Through Kentucky And These Mountain Towns Are Calling To Us
Things To Do In Kentucky
People enjoy doing several activities while vacationing in Kentucky. These include attending the prestigious Kentucky Derby, visiting Cumberland Gap National Historical Park, witnessing the beautiful Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historic Park, and performing a handful of other activities.
- These Are The Best Bourbon Tours In Kentucky Worth Your Cocktail Hour
- Kentucky Derby: Everything You Didn't Know About The Oldest Sporting Event In America
- Destination Louisville: The Best Things You Can See In This Historic Baseball City
Food To Discover In Kentucky
Best Restaurants In Kentucky
Kentucky's restaurants are known for offering the most delicious and savory food, particularly those in Louisville. Learn about the best restaurants in the state and indulge in the tasty eats that Kentucky’s restaurants offer.
WEST VIRGINIA - Top sights, things to do & cuisine
Budget-friendly accommodations in West Virginia are easy to find when looking for affordable places to stay in the state. Those accommodations offer basic amenities and clean rooms that meet the needs of their clients.
Mid-range accommodations are available everywhere in West Virginia at reasonable rates. They offer the perfect combination of value-for-money and comfort. Moreover, they feature bigger rooms than their budget-friendly counterparts.
- Courtyard by Marriott Bridgeport Clarksburg
- Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown
- Wingate by Wyndham Vienna/Parkersburg
High-end accommodations are the most luxurious in West Virginia and feature large rooms with world-class amenities, including swimming pools, saunas, jacuzzis, and other advanced facilities.
Top Sights In West Virginia
West Virginia is home to marvelous sights and attractions, including the splendid Blackwater Falls State Park, magnificent Monongahela National Forest, stunning Seneca Rocks, and other mesmerizing towns and villages.
- This Is America's Newest National Park, And Everything You Need To Know Before Visiting
- Strange places to check-in West Virginia
- A Brief History Of The Appalachian Trail & Why It Was Created
Things To Do In West Virginia
There are plenty of activities to undertake in West Virginia, such as visiting the iconic Greenbrier, skiing at the year-round resort Snowshoe, and beholding the beauty of the Berkeley Springs State Park.
- What It's Like To Stay At The Greenbrier in West Virginia, One Of The Oldest American Resorts
- West Virginia Is Also Called 'Almost Heaven,' And This Is Why You Should Visit
- What To Do In Point Pleasant, West Virginia (Including The Annual Mothman Festival)
Food To Discover In West Virginia
Best Restaurants In West Virginia
West Virginia is known for its delicious and savory food, such as pepperoni rolls, skillet cornbread, and Venison. The state is also home to the best restaurants in Midwest America.
- West Virginia's Most Popular Foods Are The Best Example Of A Traditional Appalachian Menu
- Virginia Has Its Own Traditional Foods, And These Are The Best
- These Are The Best Restaurants In Virginia Beach With A View
ILLINOIS - Accommodations & Chicago guide
Budget-friendly accommodations can be easily located when spending a vacation in Illinois. Such places offer basic amenities and safe, clean rooms to their guests at the most affordable prices.
Mid-range accommodations in Illinois usually offer additional amenities, such as an on-site pool and complimentary breakfast. Moreover, they tend to be closer to the city center and the main attractions.
High-End accommodation options are available in Illinois and offer world-class amenities, such as swimming pools, saunas, jacuzzis, and spas. Those are more the most expensive accommodations.
Illinois Travel Guides
Chicago Travel Guides
Chicago is home to marvelous sights and attractions, including the Art Institute of Chicago, Field Museum, Navy Pier, Millenium Park, Shedd Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry.
- Must-Do Activities In Chicago (Known Only By Locals)
- Not So ‘Home Alone: A Chicago Itinerary That Will Make You Feel Like Kevin
- This Is The Best Month To Visit Chicago & Why You’ll Want To Go
Top Sights In Illinois
Illinois is known to be one of America's greatest cities. It is home to famous sites, and almost no one has the time to see them all. Many people come to the state for the beautiful parks and world-class museums.
- Ghost Towns And Giant Catsup Bottles: Things Worth Seeing In Illinois Besides Chicago
- Skip Chicago And Check Out These Other Towns And Cities In Illinois (They're Worth It)
- Oz Park Is A Nod To The Emerald City, Right In The Middle Of Busy Chicago
Things To Do In Illinois
People enjoy doing several activities while vacationing in Illinois. These include visiting the state's iconic museums, stunning villages, beautiful cities, including Chicago, and performing a handful of other activities.
- Here's What Else Is There To Do In Illinois (Other Than Occasionally Overrated Chicago)
- 10 Interesting Things to Do in Illinois (That Aren't in Chicago)
- Chicago, Illinois: Planning The Perfect Weekend
Food To Discover In Illinois
Best Restaurants In Illinois
Illinois’s restaurants are known for offering the most delicious and savory food, particularly Prawn dishes. Learn about the best restaurants in the state and indulge in the tasty eats that Illinois restaurants provide.