Fast Facts About Manitoba
- Major Towns And Cities That Make Up Manitoba: Winnipeg, Thompson, Portage La Prairie, Brandon, Morden.
- Timezones include: Central Standard Time (CST).
- Most Populous Cities: Winnipeg, Brandon, Steinbach.
Geographic Places of Note
- Mountains to see: Baldy Mountain, Turtle Mountain, Hart Mountain.
- Thomson is home to the Pisew Falls Provincial Park.
- Notable bodies of water include Lake Winnipeg, Lake Manitoba, Falcon Lake, West Hawk Lake, and Little Limestone Lake.
- Manitoba is home to the Riding Mountain National Park.
MOST POPULAR DESTINATIONS IN MANITOBA
MANITOBA - Accommodations, top sights, polar bear tours & activities
Budget-friendly options can be found in Manitoba when searching for affordable accommodations. Those places can include several amenities, such as air conditioning, wireless internet, and television.
- Bellas Castle Bed and Breakfast, Morden
- Aromansse Bed & Breakfast, Winnipeg
- Micro Inn and Suites by Wyndham Portage La Prairie
Mid Range accommodations in Manitoba usually have more amenities that are upgrades to budget-friendly locations. Centrally-located and popular addresses make these spots more desirable.
- Victoria Inn Hotel and Convention Center Winnipeg
- The Fairmont Winnipeg
- The Fort Garry Hotel, Spa and Conference Center, Ascend Hotel Collection, Winnipeg
High-End accommodation options are available in Manitoba and offer world-class amenities, such as swimming pools, saunas, jacuzzis, and spas. Those are more the most expensive accommodations.
Manitoba Travel Guides
Top Sights In Manitoba
Manitoba is home to several unique landmarks and attractions, including the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, Riding Mountain National Park, The Forks Market, Winnipeg Art Gallery, Manitoba Museum, Assiniboine Park Zoo, and others.
- Lake Winnipeg is a must-see in Manitoba
- This stunning prehistoric lake covers much of southeastern Manitoba
- Here are the most stunning attractions to witness in Manitoba
- What to see in Hudson Bay?
Polar Bear Tours In Manitoba
One of the most exciting and exclusive activities one can undertake in Manitoba is taking a tour to see the beautiful grizzly polar bears in Churchill. The best time to spot the bears is during October and November. Moreover, the Assiniboine Park Zoo in Winnipeg houses polar bears with which people can get up close and personal.
- Where to go on a polar bear tour in Manitoba
- Guide to polar bear-watching tours in Manitoba
- What to know about the polar bears in Churchill, Manitoba
Things To Do In Manitoba
People enjoy doing several activities while vacationing in Manitoba. These include visiting the Forks Market in Winnipeg for summer and winter fun, hitting the Grand Beach Provincial Park, attending the Icelandic Festival of Manitoba in Gimli, witnessing Whiteshell Provincial Park, and much more.