Looking for a last-minute getaway for Labor Day weekend? Who doesn't need that final weekend of clinging onto summer magic before it slips away once again, scattered by the mild breeze of fall? For fall is coming, pushing away the ethereal beauty of summer, and bringing with it those earthy autumn tones. Soon it will be scarf weather! Are you panicking yet? Well, fret not. You still have time to book a last-minute getaway for the last official weekend of summer. And where better to enjoy the feeling of soaking up the sun once last time than in Palm Springs?
We put together a list of the best Labor Day escapes to Palm Springs, where you can unwind and dream of endless summer vacation.
10 Kimpton The Rowan Palm Springs
This beautiful hotel in the heart of downtown Palm Springs offers guests breathtaking views of the San Jacinto Mountains and Coachella Valley. There is something for everyone hoping to hold on to summer: a serene pool, plenty of thrilling cuisine choices, and sleek rooms that still feel cozy. Visitors will experience:
- Accommodation: Kimpton The Rowan
- Address: 100 W Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, CA 92262, United States
- What to expect: A touch of modernism, excellent dining options, and a downtown location
9 Margaritaville Resort Palm Springs
As the song lyrics go, "wasting away in Margaritaville" sounds pretty divine, and that is exactly what one hopes to do when staying in this lovely resort. This is the first Margaritaville Resort of its kind on the West Coast, with 398 rooms that feature beautifully designed suites and, just in case you need it, a world-class St. Somewhere Spa, which is Palm Springs' largest resort spa. Guests can expect plenty of dining options and, of course, sublime cocktails to sip under the stars.
- Accommodation: Margaritaville Resort
- Address: 1600 N Indian Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92262, United States
- What to expect: Bright, cheerful designs, a relaxing pool and spa, and plenty of drinks...
8 The Colony Palms Hotel And Bungalows
Have a little rest and relaxation at this quiet and sophisticated hotel. A popular adults-only spot, staying here is sure to lead to hours lounging by the pool or taking a short drive to the nearby Palm Springs Art Museum. Guests can expect an attentive staff and lots of privacy. Travelers looking to spend a weekend here can look forward to:
- Accommodation: The Colony Palms Hotel and Bungalows
- Address: 572 N Indian Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92262, United States
- What to expect: A delightfully calming weekend sans kids...
7 Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel
Located in the heart of downtown Palm Springs which allows for guests to walk to the abundance of shops, restaurants, and thriving nightlife, this lovely destination is an affordable option that feels like a cut above the rest. Featuring Mediterranean architecture, a sparkling pool, and spacious rooms, if this hotel feels like the perfect way to spend that last weekend of summer, that's because it is.
- Accommodation: The Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel
- Address: 222 S Indian Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92262, United States
- What to expect: An uplifting getaway that feels like a Mediterranean escape
6 ARRIVE Palm Springs
It's tempting to make an arrive joke ("We've arrived!), but in all likelihood, that is exactly how guests will feel at this beautifully designed hotel. Guests will bask in the modern design and can expect a calming poolside experience. In the evening, guests can sip cocktails around the outdoor fire and reminisce about those summer nights.
- Accommodation: ARRIVE Palm Springs
- Address: 1551 N Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92262, United States
- What to expect: Quaint rooms, a large pool to float in, and lots of surrounding palm trees
5 The Palm Springs Hotel
Enjoy the swanky decor and upscale vibe of this stunning hotel situated in the heart of Palm Springs. Guests won't want to leave their posh rooms, but of course, the serene pool will be tempting. Folks lucky enough to stay here will no doubt want to come back for more. With plenty of outdoor seating, gorgeous weather, and eclectic cocktails, this is a popular choice, and with good reason.
- Accommodation: The Palm Springs Hotel
- Address: 2135 N Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92262, United States
- What to expect: Sleek rooms, and a relaxing vibe
4 Avalon Hotel And Bungalows Palm Springs
An inspiring choice in downtown Palm Springs, the Avalon Hotel and Bungalows offers timeless design and a heated pool. The staff here pampers the guests and leaves no stone unturned when it comes to offering a relaxing stay. Enjoy a drink by the pool and bask in the sun!
- Accommodation: Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs
- Address: 415 S Belardo Rd, Palm Springs, CA 92262, United States
- What to expect: Enjoy the cool vibe and local nightlife of Palm Springs right outside your door.
3 Hotel California
Steal away for a weekend to the Hotel California in Palm Springs, and see if you don't wind up staying for a lifetime. A dreamy destination with an almost mystery-like quality to it, guests will feel that touch of old Hollywood glamour whenever they are here. Get ready to be transported--and get ready for your closeup.
- Accommodation: Hotel California in Palm Springs
- Address: 424 E Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92264, United States
- What to expect: Get ready for unique charm and drama
2 Movie Colony Hotel
What do you get when you combine stunning views of the San Jacinto Mountains, palm trees swaying in the wind, and a touch of vintage glam? The Movie Colony Hotel, of course, which was designed by renowned architect Albert Frey in 1935. This popular destination affords a chill summer vibe, with plenty of local hotspots to walk to, should you desire.
- Accommodation: Movie Colony Hotel
- Address: 726 N Indian Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92262, United States
- What to expect: Charming decor and a relaxing atmosphere
1 Les Cactus
Where do we start? The warm decor. The dreamy pool. The attentive staff. This hotel has it all and has become a popular spot as a result. This is the perfect place to spend that last summer weekend this Labor Day--sipping a unique cocktail and lounging poolside. This hotel is a whole vibe, and guests will feel immersed in the breezy experience it offers.
- Accommodation: Les Cactus in Palm Springs
- Address: 555 S Warm Sands Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92264, United States
- What to expect: A mixture of luxury and summer chic, this is a perfect summer getaway.