When it comes to the Silver State of Nevada, there is so much to do - from experiencing its blazing nightlife, where one can visit its large casinos, to enjoying the electrifying Fremont Street, the famous pedestrian mall. But if the glitz and glam of cities like Las Vegas get too much, then consider having a complete detox retreat in Nevada’s unblemished attractions at Laughlin. This beautiful town beckons weary souls to enjoy many of its serene locations found in the middle of pristine nature. Whether it’s about floating down the lazy rivers or heading to its stunning waterfalls, there is simply a smorgasbord of thrilling activities to do.
Discover Laughlin’s Amazing Landscape
The resort town of Laughlin is conveniently set on the western shores of the Colorado River just 90 miles south of Las Vegas and is directly across Bullhead City. With just about 10,000 permanent residents, this little town makes for an idyllic retreat, especially for those looking to soak up the sun and fill their lungs with crisp air. Its landscapes are made up of lush green golf courses and the long stretch of the Colorado River and Lake Mohave, which is about four miles wide. Then there are many of its sun-baked landscapes, which consist of some popular off-beaten hiking trails. All of these provide many opportunities for outdoor lovers to indulge in many of its nature-centered activities to detox from bustling city life.
Popular Trails In Laughlin - Nevada
Hike the Colorado River Heritage Greenway Trail
A visit to Laughlin is incomplete without hiking the Colorado River Heritage Greenway Tail, situated some minutes away from the north Laughlin Strip. The attraction has well-designed parks and a recreation area, where visitors can unwind and enjoy many activities. The park consists of nine miles of trails ideal for hiking, bicycling, or horse riding. Recommended hiking trails include the riverfront trail, horseshoe trail, and desert trail. These trails are relatively flat, which makes hiking less difficult.
- Riverfront Trail: The 1.7-mile trail is convenient for beginner hikers. The trail is made up of a hard and packed surface. It is also equipped to accommodate those using a wheelchair.
- Horseshoe Trail: This trail is about 2.7 miles and is made up of native soil. Hiking can be slightly difficult. The trail is also accessible for horse riding and biking.
- Dam Overlook Trail: This trail is about 0.8 miles and is convenient for hiking and mountain biking. Note that the trail has no water facility, and horseback riding is not allowed.
- Desert Trail: Those looking to get a little adventurous can consider hiking the 2.8-mile Desert Trail, which consists of flat and hard surfaces. Hikers will be able to encounter native wildlife since the trail runs through a desert. Kindly note that the trail does not have a water facility.
- Address: Laughlin Civic Dr, Laughlin, NV 89029, USA
- Facilities: Expect to find signposts, a children’s play area, and picnic tables.
- Opening Hours: 06:00 a.m - 11:00 p.m
Scenic Hiking Trails In Spirit Mountain
For a more challenging terrain to hike, visit the majestic Spirit Mountain, nestled within the Lake Mead National Recreation Area. This mountain is listed on the United States National Register of Historic Places and is recognized as a sacred place to the Native American tribes living in the southern part of Nevada. What makes this place unique is its Zen-like atmosphere, where one can enjoy its serene setting and rugged landscape.
How To Get Here: Take the highway 93/95 south from Las Vegas, heading towards Boulder City. Just before reaching Boulder City, take highway 95, and then turn off just past Railroad Pass.
- About The Trail: The 3.7-mile trail is considered a challenging one and can take up to three hours to complete.
Indulge In Exciting Water Activities In Laughlin
Laughlin is not only about its mighty mountains or off-beaten hiking trails. The Colorado River that flows across California, Nevada, and Arizona offers plenty of water activities. And in Laughlin, many adventure seekers can get their dose of adrenaline by indulging in thrilling water activities such as water-skiing, jet skiing, and boating. For a more laid-back moment, enjoy fishing with family and friends. All these leisure activities can be found at the Lake Mohave and Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Katherine Landing is another hotspot for those looking for RV facilities, boat rentals, launch ramps, picnic areas, and restaurants.
- Attraction: Lake Mohave and Lake Mead National Recreation Area
Enjoy Golfing At Mojave Resort Golf Club
Golf enthusiasts visiting Laughlin will find numerous golf courses, but Mojave Resort Golf Club is the most recommended place to tee off on the picturesque banks of the Colorado River. The 6,939-yard championship course is designed by golf architects no other than Lee Schmidt and Brian Curly. The well-manicured golf course meanders through the lowlands of the banks of the Colorado River, which make up the beautiful wind-shaped sand dunes, and wide fairways. The golf course golf is suited for golf enthusiasts of different levels, and there are ping clubs available for rental.
- Address: 9905 Aha Macav Pkwy, Laughlin, NV 89029, USA
- Facilities: Classes by PGA professionals, snack bar, lounge, seating areas, outdoor patio, and shop.