Vermont has always been a popular Winter adventure destination for residents and travelers to New England alike. With the Green Mountains carving beautifully through the state, it's no surprise that ski areas popped up everywhere, making it a popular destination for a ski or boarding adventure.
It is never too early to start planning how to Budget for skiing and boarding adventures over the winter. With most resorts and ski areas offering early bird specials amongst other deals, now is probably the time to start planning. Here is a look at three mountains that offer friendly deals to the budget-minded skier.
Bolton Valley Resort
Bolton Valley Resort is a great mountain, especially for those still learning. They have a friendly and helpful atmosphere and offer some great packages. Their prices are friendly too. Ski tickets here offer some of the best value in Vermont. They even have programs for the disabled to help them enjoy the slopes too.
- Address - 4302 Bolton Valley Access Rd, Bolton Valley, VT 05477
- Contact - (802) 434-3444
- Full Ticket Information
Full Day Tickets (Non-Peak)
These are the current prices for full-day tickets (9 am-4 pm).
- Adult - $69 (Weekday), $89 (Weekend)
- Child - $59 (Weekday), $79 (Weekend)
Half Day Tickets (Non-Peak)
These are the current prices for half day, am or pm (9 am-12:30 pm or 12:30 pm-4 pm).
- Adult - $49 (Weekday), $59 (Weekend)
- Child/Senior - $39 (Weekday), $49 (Weekend)
Bolton Valley Season Pass holders won’t only have access to Bolton Valley’s lifts. They will also have access to the All Terrain, NBU (Nordic/Backcountry/Uphill) too. For those who think they will be frequent skiers this upcoming winter. Their season’s pass is probably worth checking out.
Middlebury College Snow Bowl Ski Resort
Middlebury College Snow Bowl Ski Resort is a family-friendly ski area offering 1,000 feet of vertical just twenty minutes from the village of Middlebury. This mountain offers a great variety of terrain, being at the heart of Vermont’s Green Mountains. Beginner skiers and expert skiers will both be able to find fun and challenging terrain. They also offer a ski school, so new skiers can benefit from learning from one of their skilled instructors. There is even a nearby BBQ and plenty of lodging.
- Address - 6886 Route 125 Hancock, VT 05748
- Contact - 802-443-7669, firstname.lastname@example.org
These are the current prices for full-day tickets.
- Adult (19-69 yrs) - $40 (weekday), $60 (Weekend/Holiday)
- Students (7-18 yrs) and Midd College Alumni - $40 (Weekdays), $50 (Weekend/Holiday)
- Midd College Student, Preschool (under 6), and 70+ - $20 (Every day)
- Uphill Travel Day Pass (all ages) - $10
Half-Day Ticket Rates
These are the current prices for half day am or pm (opening to 12:30, or from 12:30 to 4:00
Weekdays, Weekends, and Holidays).
- Adult (19-69 yrs) Half day - $35 (Weekday), $50 (Weekend)
- Students and Midd College Alum Half day - $35 (Weekday), $40 (Weekend)
Season Pass 2022-23
The exciting new detail about Middlebury College Snow Bowl Ski Resort’s season pass this year is that they are now an Allied Resort with IndyPass. This means that purchasers of season passes will have the chance to add the Indy AddOn at 30% off its normal cost. This is primarily of interest to skiers who travel around a lot because the IndyPass allows skiers and boarders access to resorts in the US, Canada, and Japan. For others, the normal pass would probably be preferred. Note that ordering a season’s pass early will save skiers $93 on the cost of a season pass.
Magic Mountain VT Ski Resort
Located in Southern Vermont, Magic Mountain is popular in both its local and surrounding communities as it is easily accessible. They have a balanced variety of terrain with easy, intermediate, and expert runs. They have also done a fantastic job getting snow-making on 70% of the terrain, so their conditions will be reliable.
- Address - 495 Magic Mountain Access Londonderry, VT 05148
- Contact - (802) 824-5645, email@example.com
All Rates And Details
Magic Mountain offers a variety of tickets with a discount if purchased online. There are many ways for skiers and boarders to save at Magic Mountain.
- Adult (18-69) - $84 (Online) / $89 (On Mountain)
- Child (6-17) & College - $64 (Online) / $69 (On Mountain)
- Seniors (70+) - $64 (Online) / $69 (On Mountain)
- Military, Police, Fire - $69 (Online) / $74 (On Mountain)
- Night Terrain Park Only - (Open Fridays, Saturdays, and Holiday weeks 4-7 pm) $34
- After Hours Lighted - (Open Fridays, Saturdays, and Holiday weeks 4-7 pm) $34
- Beginner Conveyor Carpet & Handle Tow Area - $54
Season Pass 2022-23
Skiers and boarders who think they may frequently visit Magic Mountain may want to invest in their season’s pass. As of right now, they are on the second tier of their early season pass sale. There is still time for travelers to save up to 100 dollars.
- Early Season Ticket Sale - Details