Elvis has left the building - so go and tour it! One of the greatest attractions in Memphis, Tennessee is Graceland - the former home of Elvis Presley. It is a stunning mansion on a 13.8-acre estate and is open to the public. One can come and see the museum about Elvis, tour the opulent mansion, see the picturesque gardens, and see and tour his private jet.
Elvis certainly did not live a humble life as King of Rock 'n' Roll. After years of drug abuse, he suddenly died at his home at Graceland at the age of 42. Visiting his home is one of the best ways to really understand this iconic figure of the 1970s. Graceland is the most visited privately-owned home in the US, see here for what you need to know about visiting Biltmore Castle - the largest privately-owned house in the US.
The History Of Graceland
After Elvis died in 1977 his daughter, Lisa Presley inherited it. Since 1982 it has been open to the public as a museum and has been on the National Register of Historic Places since 1991 and even a National Historic Landmark since 2006. For Rock 'n' Roll fans see here for 10 places to stop on the Great American Rock 'n' Roll road trip.
- Address: 3764 Elvis Presley Boulevard
The former home to the King of Rock 'n' Roll is the most visited privately-owned home in America receiving an astonishing 650,000 visitors yearly (that rivals end the White House).
- Annual Visitors: Around 650,000
At Graceland, one can see the place Elvis once called home, tour the beautiful mansion, and see the manicured gardens. One can even tour the aircraft he would fly on from performance to performance. The Memphis entertainment complex has artifacts, personal mementos, and costumes on display from Elvis and his family. Some of the things one can see include gold records, classic cars, and jeweled jumpsuits.
Tickets to visit Graceland are available at the Graceland Ticket Office on arrival but are also available to be purchased in advance.
- Tip: Visit On December 1st - 20th And Go On Their Graceland Christmas Tour
Hours Open May to December 2021:
- Daily: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Closed: Thanksgiving Day And Christmas Day
- Reduced Hours: Christmas Eve, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Ultimate VIP Tour
With this tour, one gets a Graceland Mansion Tour with an expert guide for each small group of up to 10 people. Enjoy a self-guided tour of Elvis' Custom Jets and have full access to Presley's Memphis entertainment complex.
- Bonuses: Access to the Ultimate Lounge and Exclusive VIP Exhibit and a Meal Voucher For The Restaurant
- Price Per Person: $190.00 (Under Two Years Old Free)
- Average Tour Duration: 4 Hours (Including Meal)
Elvis Presley's Memphis And Planes
This is a more affordable entry ticket for visiting what there is to see around the mansion. With this ticket, one can visit Elvis' custom jets, have full access to the all-new Elvis Presley's Memphis Entertainment complex, see his automobiles, his wardrobe, his gold records, more.
- Important: This Ticket Does Not Include Access To The Graceland Mansion
- Adults: $47.00 (Aged 11 and Up)
- Youth: $29.00 (Aged 5-10)
- Infants: $0.00 (4 And Under)
- Duration: Average Tour Time 2 to 2.5 Hours
Christmas tours at Graceland Mansion come but once a year! These tours feature live tour guides throughout the Graceland Mansion with stories of what it was like to spend the holidays with the King of Rock 'n' Roll.
- Adults: $90.00 (Aged 11 and Up)
- Youth: $58.00 (Aged 5-10)
- Infants: $0.00 (4 And Under)
- Duration: Average Tour Time 3.5 to 4 Hours
- When: December 1st to 20th
There are other tours available that cater to different budgets, these include (for more information see the Graceland website):
- Elvis Entourage VIP: $124.00
- Elvis Experience Tours: $75.00 to $43.00
- Virtual Live Tours: $98.50
- Christmas UVIP Tours: $250.00
Accommodation By Graceland
While one can't stay at the Graceland mansion, Graceland offers two accommodation options for visitors to choose from. After one as explored the mansion and marveled at the legacy of the man who changed Rock 'n' Roll forever, stay at Graceland's AAA Four-Diamond resort hotel called The Guest House At Graceland or at their campground up the boulevard.
The Guest House At Graceland
This is a full-service hotel with some 450 spacious rooms, two restaurants, and even a 464 seat theater for live performances and movies. It is elegant and luxurious and the gateway to visiting the Elvis mansion. For prices and availability see their website.
Graceland RV Park and Campground
While it may be nice to stay at a luxury hotel, many folks a more budget-focused and so Graceland also offers an RV and camping option. It is within walking distance of Graceland is located on 19 acres of ground just off Elvis Presley Boulevard. Check out their website for camping options.
- Full Hook-Up: $52.00
- Water And Electric: $46.00 (RVs and Tents)
- Traditional Tent: $28.00