Going around New York City is a busy task, even for tourists, because it's packed with attractions that should not be missed. It is truly an urban jungle. One of The Big Apple’s iconic destinations is Central Park, the most visited urban park in the United States.
This historic destination offers a mixture of activities for families, friends, and even solo travelers. After a day of exploring NYC or drinking in the sights of the park, it’s always satisfying to lie on a soft bed after a shower. What’s more pleasing is when the hotel overlooks the greens of Central Park.
Central Park View 1: Mandarin Oriental
The bustling city is sometimes taxing, especially since travelers abound and there’s always more to come. Luckily, the Mandarin Oriental is ready to help guests achieve that needed rest and relaxation to prepare them for another day of traveling in The City That Never Sleeps.
Located along Columbus Circle just beside Central Park, the Mandarin Oriental is an ideal spot for viewing the city’s mixture of blue, gray, and green. Guests should expect nothing but premium services from this five-star hotel.
- On the eastern side of the hotel on floors 40-43, the ‘Central Park View Rooms’ offers amazing views of the park and the majestic Manhattan skyline. A stay here costs $845 a night.
- The ‘Premier Central Park View Room,’ ups the game literally and figuratively. Located on the hotel’s highest floors, the room offers the perfect panorama of the area’s spectacular sights. A stay here costs $945 a night.
- The ‘Central Park View Suite,’ on the other hand, is located on the northeast corner, letting guests enjoy the green expanse of the park. A stay here costs $2,295 a night.
- The ‘Premier Central Park View Suite’ is the hotel’s attempt to deliver more luxury with its spacious living area. Guests can pace around while drinking in the views of the park, with a wine glass in hand, of course. A stay here costs $2,695 a night.
- For families, the hotel also has a two-bedroom suite that spells elegance and environment, courtesy of the park’s greenery. A stay here costs $3,995 a night.
The Deutsche Bank Center, where the 244-room Mandarin Hotel is housed, is like a tourist spot on its own, thanks to its prime location. Inside, it exudes luxury, and rightly so because it's a well-known hotel. Match it with superb services, and a stay here is always recommended.
- Forbes awarded the hotel’s spa services five stars. Imagine having a slow day, enjoying a massage with the view of the Hudson River. Add a Thai yoga session and a stay in the steam room or treatment room, and it's a good day!
- The spa is open from Thursday to Sunday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- For health buffs, the hotel has a top-notch fitness center packed with weight training and cardiovascular equipment.
- The fitness center is open from 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. (Monday to Saturday) and from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. every Sunday.
- A 75-foot lap pool awaits those who want to have a splash. It is open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. from Tuesday to Saturday and from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. every Sunday and Monday.
Central Park View 2: JW Marriott Essex House New York
This luxury hotel is an NYC landmark. Oneook at the enticing red neon sign atop and you can tell it does not want to be overlooked. The Essex House has been serving guests since 1931. This 44-story building is proud of its over 400 Art-Deco style rooms and suites. It’s located in Midtown Manhattan – a home away from home.
- Check-in time is 4 p.m. while check-out is 11 a.m. Pets are allowed.
- Its two-bedroom presidential suite matches the wonderful views outside.
- The JW Terrace Suite, meanwhile, is like a stage for the show that is Central Park and Manhattan. The city never sleeps, anyway, so a view of it from the terrace is spectacular.
- The ‘Central Park View Room’ is an ideal choice for travelers who can’t get enough of the urban landmark. A stay here costs $744 a night.
- The ‘Central Park View Suite’ continues Essex House’s tradition of luxury, thanks to its living room where guests can take it all in. A stay here costs $1,087 a night.
- The ‘Central Park Deluxe Suite’ offers the finest services and amenities matched by breathtaking views. A stay here costs $1,577 a night.
The Essex House knows how to wow guests not just because of its unique interiors but superb services, too.
- The PRIMP Spa is a refuge after a tiring day outdoors. Open daily from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., it offers treatments like massage, body scrub, and facials.
- The fitness center, meanwhile, is open 24 hours and is loaded with equipment for gym rats and casual exercisers.
Central Park View 3: The Pierre, a Taj Hotel
The Pierre, located at East 61st Street, faces Central Park – offering premiere views of the historic landmark. This hotel’s top floors are easily recognizable when viewed from other buildings. Basically, it adds beauty to Manhattan's majestic skyline.
- Check-in is 3 p.m while check-out is at noon.
- Its 'Park View' room is an exquisite spot for enjoying the city's hustle and bustle.
- Depending on the season, a stay here costs $1,245.
- The larger ‘Signature Park View’ room, meanwhile, is a place of luxury; just look at its striking furniture. Depending on the season, a stay here costs $1,500.
- The Metropolitan Suite, on the other hand, offers not just views of the park but the busy city, too. Depending on the season, a stay here costs $1,045.
- The hotel has a wide variety of suites packed with all the luxuries the guests need, from the fabrics to the lighting. Depending on the season, the price ranges from $6,580 to $25,080 – expensive, but exquisite.
The Pierre considers itself a master entertainer, and it shows from its concierge to the basic amenities. What’s more, there’s live entertainment at its Two E Lounge, bringing in the brightest stars from the city's musical theater scene.
Choosing the hotel should be a key part of planning a New York City trip, because the right one will let visitors have a more memorable experience in town. Viewing Central Park just before dozing off is a recipe for a good night's sleep, and having it as the first view in the morning is energizing.