The world-class city in England offers a range of old-centuries iconic sites and landmarks, making London a charming multicultural city and one of the most visited in the world. Whether a first-time visitor or a frequent tourist, a trip to the English capital wouldn’t be complete without ticking some of London’s most recognizable attractions and trying top-rated experiences. From strolling around Oxford and Bond's most famous streets in Europe, visiting the finest museums at Trafalgar Square, relaxing at Hyde Park, to shopping high-streets brands at Mayfair and Kensington, one will never have enough of the charming City of London. The “Big Smoke” visit wouldn’t be enough without seeing the 10 most famous landmarks in London.
10 Big Ben
Big Ben is the most famous clock in the world and a popular landmark in the English capital. When one thinks of London, he will automatically picture the four-faced clock perched alongside the House of Parliament, overlooking the Thames River. This clock is a beautiful must-see sight, mainly referred to as "Big Ben," but was officially named “The Clock Tower” and has been keeping time for at least 150 years.
- Recommended tour: London Hop-on Hop-off Tour and River Cruise
- Cost/person: USD 43.89
- Length: 1 to 3-day tickets
- What’s included: London's top attractions, including Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, Big Ben, and more.
9 The British Museum
There are so many museums people don't want to miss while in London. Known as the largest museum in England and the oldest public museum in the world, the British Museum is a work of art featuring Greek architecture, hosting collections of art, and antiquities from different parts of the world, including artifacts from Egyptian mummies, in addition to ancient European, Middle Eastern and Roman galleries.
- Recommended tour: British Museum Guided Tour
- Cost/person: USD 25.04
- Length: 2 hours
- What’s included: Guided Tours around the museum
8 Houses Of Parliament
Formerly known as the Palace of Westminster, the Houses of Parliament is the meeting place of the British government and home for Big Ben. It was destroyed after the 1934 fire and reconstructed in a Gothic architectural taste. People marvel at the outside architecture of the impressive Great Hall and the remaining old palace and tour Westminster Abbey, where Britain’s monarchs were crowned since 1066.
- Recommended tour: Westminster Abbey Tour and visit to Houses of Parliament
- Cost/person: USD 46.19
- Length: 2 to 4 hours
- What’s included: English guide inside the Westminster Abbey, a tour around the parliament
7 Tower Of London
The Tower of London has been popular throughout its nine centuries of history. The white tower is an iconic castle mostly visited because of its marvelous interior. People are also amazed by the crown jewels at the Tower of London that was worn by the British Monarch. In this spectacular fortress that serves as a fortification, it is recommended to see the towering green and the Traitor’s gate where two English Queens, one of which Anne Boleyn and several other British nobles, were executed.
- Recommended tour: Tower of London Entrance Ticket Including Crown Jewels and Beefeater Tour
- Cost/person: USD 35.41
- Length: 1-hour tour
- What’s included: Access to the Tower and Crown Jewels, 1-hour audio-guided tour
6 Buckingham Palace
Located in the City of Westminster, Buckingham Palace is a London royal residence, home of Elizabeth II and Prince Philip and the residence of the Duke of York and the Countess of Wessex. It also is the center of the monarch of the United Kingdom, has a workplace of more than 800 people, and houses many offices. It hosts particular state occasions and royal hospitality. People can visit the palace rooms and watch the changing of the Guard performance.
- Recommended tour: Buckingham Palace Tour & Changing of the Guard
- Cost/person: USD 78.49
- Length: 2 hours 45 minutes (approx)
- What’s included: Access to the palace, an audio-guided tour, changing of the Guard performance
5 Saint Paul’s Cathedral
Saint Paul’s Cathedral is one of the most recognizable landmarks in London. It has witnessed many cultural and religious events, from the funerals of Winston Churchill and Lord Nelson to the marriage of Prince Charles and Lady Diana. People visit the inside of the Cathedral, marvel at its beautiful interior architecture, listen to its history, and walk the aisle walked by lady Diana. It is also possible to attend a sermon in the Cathedral.
- Recommended tour: St Paul Cathedral Tour Ceremony Performance
- Cost/person: USD 21.32
- Length: 2 to 3 hours (approx)
- What’s included: Guided tour of the Cathedral's history
4 Madame Tussaud
The famous wax museum is home to 300 wax figures displayed through different themed zones.
People come from all over the world to visit the fun and popular museum, to take selfies with their favorite celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, Nicole Kidman, Georges Clooney, and of course with her Majesty the Queen. Some can also access the Super Heroes 4D exhibition.
- Recommended tour: Madame Tussauds London Tour
- Cost/person: USD 39.67
- Length: 2 to 3 hours (approx)
- What’s included: Ticket entry and access to the Super Heroes 4D exhibition.
3 London Eye
The London Eye, also named the Millennium Wheel, is a very popular attraction among tourists, welcoming millions of visitors every year. People go in the large capsule of the eye, Europe’s tallest observation wheel on the Thames River, and make it to the top to get a panoramic view from the sky of London's top landmarks, such as Big Ben, St Paul’s Cathedral, and others.
- Recommended tour: London Eye Tour
- Cost/person: USD 34.94
- Length: 30 minutes
- What’s included: Access the London Eye with a 30-minute tour in the sky.
2 Princess Diana Memorial Fountain
The Princess Diana Memorial Fountain was opened in 2004 and is a representation of the princess's beautiful character traits. The fountain flows in two directions and reflects Diana's lifestyle and love for children. It was designed to express the Princess of Wales' beautiful spirit and is a perfect place for children to play and enjoy the water.
- Recommended tour: Princess Diana Private Walking Tour of London
- Cost/person: USD 162.24
- Length: 3 hours
- What’s included: Walking tour visiting locations that played important roles in Princess Diana's life
1 Chinatown Gate
People discover a new area once they enter the main gate into Chinatown. Its main street, Wardour Street, hosts Chinese bakeries, restaurants, grocery stores, and shops with impressive architectural facades and buildings decorated with symbols like dragons and lanterns. It is recommended to try some great food, do a little shopping and steep in the beautiful atmosphere
- Recommended tour Pub Crawl of Central London
- Cost/person USD 23.69
- What’s included Bar hopping with discounts on drinks