Carrer Petritxol is a must-see for travelers seeking avenues with a unique quality in Barcelona. It is a public avenue in Barcelona famous as Chocolate Lane. Carrer Petritxol has been mentioned since 1340, and the name comes from the term petritxol, which pertains to the pebbles that prevented chariots from entering a particular roadway. In 1959, Petrtxol became Barcelona's first public avenue.
- Via Bus: Nearest Bus Stop - La Rambla - Font de Canaletes Bus stop- 0.2 milesIt is a 5-minute walk to the street.
- Via Tram: Nearest Subway Station - Tram Rambla de Sant Just- 10.5 milesVisitors can take a taxi to the destination. It is a 30-minute drive.
Best Shops To Visit
- A "Granja" bistro is a typical name for a small family-run Spanish coffeehouse that specializes in chocolates and desserts and is a great place to enjoy a hot chocolate drink with cinnamon rolls.
- Granja Dulcinea, one of Barcelona's most famous chocolate stores, was opened in 1941 by Joan Mach and Elvira Farràs.
- Visitors can savor their sugar-coated churros by dipping them into silky hot cocoa.
- They feature a variety of teas, coffee drinks, and pastry for morning tea or a nice early dinner, in addition to their famed churros.
- Granja Dulcinea won't let you down.
- Address: Carrer de Petritxol, 2, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Torrons Vicens Petritxol
- Torrons Vicens is a nougat-making family-owned business with a long history.
- They make classic nougats as well as other treats.
- For more than two centuries, the Vicens family has been dedicated to the artisan manufacturing of nougat, particularly Turrón de Agramunt.
- Since 1775, Torrons Vicens has been passing down the nougat legacy. They have traditionally developed their items for generations.
- The Toffee and Chocolate Gallery, built next to the plant and shop, is a social center where customers can explore the history of Agramunt's toffee and chocolates, as well as the Torrons Vicens group's past.
- The Gallery is the ideal place to learn about the roots of this cultural heritage, the progress of work, and the path of the Agramuntina community, which has unquestionably been influenced by this delicacy.
- Address: Carrer de Petritxol, 15, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
The Chocolataria Equador
- Chocolataria Equador is a one-of-a-kind bean-to-bar gourmet chocolate brand.
- From Porto to the rest of the globe, Chocolataria Equador's handcrafted chocolate astonishes with its wide range of flavors and textures, in blends varying from the most traditional to the most unusual, as well as more pure options for those seeking the true cocoa flavor.
- The chocolate bars are made by hand and presented uniquely.
- They invested all of their knowledge and passion in each of them.
- The combos are diverse and wonderful.
- Each blend is startling to the eye and flavor, with differing proportions of chocolate and distinct kinds.
- Address: Carrer de Petritxol, 17, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Where To Stay
Hotel Barceló Raval
- The Hotel Barceló Raval offers complimentary Wi-Fi, a refrigerator, an espresso machine, a workstation, temperature controls, and a TV to its customers.
- Guests at the Hotel Barceló Raval may relax by the poolside, stay connected with complimentary Wi-Fi, hold a conference, enjoy a panoramic view of the city, exercise in the fitness center, and can make use of housekeeping facilities.
- Free Parking service is available
- Hotel customers can enjoy a cocktail on the rooftop patio or dine at the B-Lounge dining for a quick meal or business supper.
- Address: Rambla del Raval, 17-21, 08001, Barcelona, Spain
- The 5-star Le Méridien is located on Las Ramblas, the city's most popular avenue.
- The 231 guestrooms have an en-suite washroom with shower and Television set, wide workstation, refrigerator, tea and espresso machines, iPod charging station, and complimentary Wi-Fi as a basic minimum.
- There is a gathering place for up to 126 guests.
- And customers get free access to a sauna, spa services, and steam room, as well as a patio with lounge chairs and a gymnasium.
- In complement to European food and buffet brunches, the CentOnze dining also has a bistro and a cocktail lounge.
- Address: La Rambla 111, 08001, Barcelona, Spain
- Bagués is a 5-star hotel located in Barcelona's Historic Centre. A rooftop patio, an outdoor swimming pool, and a gymnasium are among the facilities.
- The hotel has a total of 31 rooms.
- Luxury linen, a Television, and complimentary Wi-Fi are included in each room.
- In addition, complimentary toiletries, minifridges, slippers, and bathrobes are provided.
- Bagués has a 24-hour front desk service and a lounge with magazines and newspapers for guests.
- Laundry services, spa facilities, and round-trip airport transfers are available for an additional fee.
- El Regulador Cafe Dining & Cocktail Lounge delivers Mediterranean food with a Parisian touch for lunchtime and evening.
- Address: La Ramble,105, 08002, Barcelona, Spain
Hotel Ohla Barcelona
- The Ohla Hotel, located in the heart of Barcelona, has a transparent pool on a roof patio with views of the town.
- Each accommodation, painted in vibrant colors, is tastefully decorated, with modern furnishings and french doors.
- Each suite has a TV, an iPod charging socket, and bathrooms have slippers and bathrobes.
- The sauna area, fitness center, and masseuse facilities are also offered at the Ohla Hotel.
- And customers can also rent bikes from the resort.
- Shuttle service to and from the airport is also offered.
- This motel features a dining joint and a food court on-premises.
- Daily, the Saüc cafeteria serves a wide range of breakfast dishes, and customers can order beverages from the bar.
- Address: Via Laietana, 49, 08003, Barcelona, Spain
Cheers to all chocolate enthusiasts planning a trip to Barcelona: Petritxol Street, Barcelona's well-known chocolate downtown, is a must-see! Among the most unique Barcelona lanes is not to be missed by tourists. Visitors will know about the culture that this iconic Barcelona avenue conceals behind its gates, in addition to having a great cup of cocoa. One of the many unique Barcelona alleyways to stroll through.