There’s something inherently magical about a waterfront view—a relaxing balm that soothes the tired soul of vacationers looking for lodgings that have that touch of something extra. And while many hotels solely offer travelers a place to rest their weary heads after a day of offsite adventuring, these spectacular spots are destinations unto themselves—and their waterfront settings are just the tip of the iceberg.
Deep blue waters and breathtaking scenic settings make for some of the most unforgettable vacations around, and these dramatic vistas have all the views—with charm, amenities, and activities to spare. Perfect for any traveler looking for a touch of tranquility, the following lodgings are bastions of breathtaking beauty just waiting to welcome guests to their wow-worthy waterfront locales.
A Clifftop Villa At Hotel Santa Caterina
A terrace-lined clifftop villa with panoramic views of the amazing Amalfi Coast and sweeping, bright blue vistas of the Mediterranean Sea greets guests of the enchanting Hotel Santa Caterina. All sapphire skies and lush flowers, orchards, and olive groves, this 19th-century stunner is spectacularly situated to give vacationers some of the most epic seaside views around—all from the comfort of their richly-appointed, villa-style lodgings.
- Where It’s At: S.S. Amalfitana, 9 - 84011 Amalfi (Salerno), Italy
- Hotel Amenities/Activities: Spa and wellness center; two onsite restaurants with panoramic sea views; private beach access; sumptuous suites with balconies and sea or garden views; beach club with heated saltwater pool, fitness area, and sun deck; buffet breakfast; free hotel shuttle
- Room Rates: Rates at about $360 and up/night but vary by accommodation
- Things To Do: Day Trip to Pompeii or Naples; Take a boat or kayak tour; Visit the Amalfi Cathedral; Take the ferry to Positano; Amalfi Cemetery (panoramic views)
Coastal CA Glamour At The Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay
A high-end five-star resort and coastal cliffside darling overlooking the Pacific Ocean, the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay is an ultra-luxe retreat less than an hour from San Francisco. But with its deluxe amenities and opportunities for both relaxation and recreation, the secluded seaside stunner might as well be a million miles away.
- Where It’s At: 1 Miramontes Point Road, Half Moon Bay, California
- Hotel Amenities/Activities: Onsite spa; Two pristine oceanfront golf courses; Global Cuisine Series (September 9-11, 2022); Two onsite restaurants and an open-air ocean terrace bar; Luxe guest house accommodations available; mountain, ocean, or golf club views; deep soaking tub; personal fire pit and outdoor patio (Luxury Fire Pit Suite); sumptuous bath amenities
- Room Rates: Rates start at around $1000 and up/night by vary by accommodation type
- Things To Do: Explore the beaches of Half Moon Bay State Beach; Hike or bike the California Coastal Trail; Pigeon Point Light Station; Visit Half Moon Bay’s historic downtown; Visit neighboring Princeton-by-the-SeaA National Park Beauty At Fairmont Château Lake Louise
A National Park Gem: Fairmont Château Lake Louise
From its humble beginnings as a simple log cabin situated on the grounds of Canada’s breathtaking Banff National Park, the Fairmont Château Lake Louise has flourished throughout its 100+ year history and is now a luxe, lakeside beauty with elegant, upscale rooms. And it’s not just beautiful Lake Louise that’s on display—the dramatic Victoria Glacier and majestic Canadian Rockies are both also on the hotel’s front doorstep.
- Where It’s At: 14 Lake Louise Drive, Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada
- Hotel Amenities/Activities: Onsite spa; Multiple onsite eateries and bars/lounges; the hotel has multiple sustainable programs; fitness and wellness programs; onsite stables/trail ride adventures; guided hikes with Mountain Adventure guide; canoe rentals and experiences; lake, mountain, and glacier views; luxe amenities
- Room Rates: Rates start at around $1000 and up/night by vary by accommodation
- Things To Do: Lake Louise Summer Gondola; Whitewater rafting on the Kicking Horse River; Have a Via Ferrata adventure; Glacier adventure and skywalk; Fishing on the Upper Bow RiverPrince Waikiki Is All Bustling, Hawaiian Fun
Prince Waikiki Is All Bustling, Hawaiian Fun
Hawaii has no shortage of waterfront wonders, but what sets Honolulu’s Prince Waikiki’s central location and a vibrant combo of onsite activities and nearby attractions is that it makes it one of the best spots to chill out, Hawaii-style. And with rooms stocked with luxe amenities and floor-to-ceiling windows with views of the Ala Wai Harbor and glistening Pacific, the waterfront wow factor of this bustling gem is off the charts.
- Where It’s At: 100 Holomoana Street, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Hotel Amenities/Activities: Adults-only rooftop infinity pool and saltwater pool; fitness center; mezzanine library; relaxing tubs; open windows and ocean breezes; luxe bath amenities; Biki Bike and Go X scooter station; Prince Waikiki lounge (club rooms only); onsite spa; poolside cabanas; hot tub; onsite restaurants/bars
- Room Rates: Rates start at $382 and up/night but vary by accommodation
- Things To Do: Golf at Hawaii Prince Golf Club; Hike at Diamond Head; Sand, sun, and surf at Waikiki’s beaches; Tour Iolani Palace; Manoa Falls Trail and Rainbow Valley
These dazzling waterfront wonders prove that the best vacations aren’t just about the journey but the destination. Offering ringside seats to some of the world’s most striking aquatic views; top amenities; and spectacular natural settings that exude relaxing, tranquil vibes, the above properties offer vacationers a unique opportunity to bask in once-in-a-lifetime waterfront vibes while enjoying the getaway of a lifetime.