The Michelin Guide evaluation process has been the industry standard for restaurants since it first granted stars in 1926. In fact, obtaining Michelin stars may elevate a dining establishment to an unprecedented level of fame in the culinary world. The skilled, driven chefs who earned those Michelin stars may end up becoming real gastronomic celebrities as a result. Hardcore foodies who dedicate their lives to searching out distinctive eating experiences in remote locations throughout the world still follow Michelin stars as their guide. Food lovers should experience at least once in their life a starred restaurant. If they are short on budget, here are the cheapest 10 Michelin-rated restaurants they can afford in the United States of America as an affordable luxury, according to Forbes Advisor.
10 State Bird Provisions
Founded in 2011, State Bird Provisions began as a quail recipe and gradually evolved into a restaurant devoid of any predetermined elements. Guests can expect inventive little meals distributed around the dining room in the style of dim sum, as well as a beer and wine selection that has been expertly chosen. State Bird Provisions is a modern American restaurant owned by Chef Stuart Brioza and Nicole Krasinski that is daring, creative, tasty, and thoughtful.
- Location: 1529 Fillmore Str., San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
- Opening Hours: Tuesday through Thursday from 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM; on Friday and Saturday, from 5:30 PM to 10:30 PM
- Cost: A 3-course meal costs $38
Everything at the restaurant, including the cheeses, masa, moles, and chorizo, is made by hand. When possible, the produce and meat are all locally sourced and organic. Beyond the cuisine and Mezcal, Claro has an authentic Oaxacan character. The chef's artist friends put their own unique touches on every area of the restaurant. The mood that Chef T.J. Steele aimed to create is also reflected in the food that is prepared in front of diners in the garden, with tortillas being pressed, memelas, tlayudas, and tostadas cooked on the wood-fired comal.
- Location: 284 3rd Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11215, USA
- For dinner, it opens daily from 5:30 Pm to 8:30 PM
- For brunch, it opens on weekends from 11:30 AM to 3:00 PM
- For snacks, it opens Monday through Thursday from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM and on Friday from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Cost: A 3-course brunch for $48 and a 4-course meal for $74
8 Don Angie
Don Angie is a result of two passionate and brilliant chefs, Angie Rito and Scott Tacinelli, that carved their ways and then met and fell in love. Together, they had always envisioned starting a small, exclusive restaurant where they could truly display their own brand of contemporary Italian American food. Don Angie is the realization of that vision.
- Location: 103 Greenwich Ave, New York, NY 10014, USA
- Opening Hours: Monday through Thursday, the bar opens from 4:30 PM to 10:00 PM, but the restaurant starts serving meals at 5:00 PM; as for the other days, it receives guests from 3:30 PM to 10:00 PM for a drink at the bar and at 4:00 PM for meals.
- Cost: A 3-course meal for $52
In 2014, Polo Dobkin and Stephanie Lempert established Meadowsweet, which they consider to be an extension of their house. They both love wonderful cuisine, welcoming service, and a relaxed setting while dining out, and that is precisely what they want customers to have at Meadowsweet.
- Location: 149 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY 11211, USA
- Opening Hours: Monday through Friday, from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM; on Saturday and Sunday, from 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Cost: A 3-course meal for $53
The first collaboration between Owner-Operator John Winterman and Chef-Owner Christopher Cipollone, Francie, made its debut in December 2020. The restaurant offers a flexible, approachable menu with a focus on European cuisine that includes appetizers and seafood before moving on to the main meal and homemade pasta. The Lobster Ravioli, Heritage Pork Chop, Market Salad, and Côte de Boeuf for Two are a few creative options.
- Location: 136 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
- Opening Hours: Tuesday through Saturday, from 5:30 PM to 10:30 PM
- Cost: A 3-course meal for $53
5 Le Jardinier
Le Jardinier, which means gardener in French, evokes a contemporary greenhouse in the Miami Design District with its food and surroundings. The cuisine of Michelin-starred Chef Alain Verzeroli emphasizes the use of the finest vegetables, in-season products, and fresh herbs, and it blends in beautifully with the contemporary, luminous surroundings created by award-winning Architect Pierre-Yves Rochon. For their visitors, the upscale yet approachable cuisine, service, and setting are combined to form a completely unforgettable hospitality experience.
- Location: 151 NE 41st St Suite 135, Miami, FL 33137, USA
- Opening Hours: Tuesday through Saturday, from 12:00 PM to 2:30 PM and from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM; and on Sunday, it opens from 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM for brunch.
- Cost: A 3-course meal for $55
At Ariete, one of the city's most brilliant restaurant teams is led by Executive Chef and Owner Michael Beltran's vision, which is molded by enthusiasm for his Cuban background, devotion to celebrating Miami foods and history, and adherence to traditional French techniques.
- Location: 3540 Main Hwy, Coconut Grove, FL 33133, USA
- Opening Hours: Monday through Thursday, from 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM; on Friday and Saturday, from 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM; and on Sunday, it opens from 11:00 AM to 2:30 PM for brunch.
- Cost: A 3-course meal for $60
Chef Thomas Chen's modern American cuisine with Asian flavors is served at the Michelin-starred Tuome restaurant. Thomas delivers a modern American meal at Tuome that emphasizes fresh ingredients and combines his ancestry's Asian influences with his classical culinary skills. A 4-star rating from Eater and a wonderful 2-star review from The New York Times are just two of the many accolades the restaurant has received over the years. It has also held a Michelin Star for the last three years.
- Location: 536 E 5th St, New York, NY 10009, USA
- Opening Hours: Tuesday through Thursday, from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM; and on Friday and Saturday, from 5:00 PM to 9:30 PM
- Cost: A 3-course meal for $61
BOKA has become one of Chicago's most recognizable restaurants over the past 18 years. Chef Lee Wolen serves up à la carte meals and a seasonal menu with gracious, heartfelt hospitality. His seasonal American cuisine is centered on gorgeous ingredients and beautifully prepared preparations. BOKA is a prime example of BOKA Restaurant Group's main objective to build distinctive, enduring restaurants. It combines unmatched service, a visionary chef, and excellent design. Ten consecutive Michelin stars are part of the restaurant's long history.
- Location: 1729 N Halsted St, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
- Opening Hours: Sunday through Thursday, from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM; and on Friday and Saturday, from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Cost: A 3-course meal for $62
Owner of an incredible array of acclaimed New York City eateries, Chef Kurt Gutenbrunner founded Wallsé in 2000. The fine dining restaurant combines traditional Austrian fare with Chef Gutenbrunner's modern spin and playful flare. For 17 years running, Wallsé has earned a prized Michelin star.
- Location: 344 W 11th St, New York, NY 10014, USA
- Opening Hours: Monday through Saturday, from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM for outdoor dining and from 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM for delivery and takeaway.
- Cost: A 3-course meal for $63