For some, the best vacations are packed with activities—socializing; sightseeing; taking advantage of every opportunity to get out and explore; while others relish in the opportunity to go off the grid and unplug while soaking up the most tranquil vibes for the ultimate in relaxation. Most vacationers, on the other hand, like to find the perfect balance of both—that sweet spot where there are plenty of (optional) activities nearby but the atmosphere remains remote enough that it feels like a true getaway and a backdrop of luxe amenities and stunning natural scenery that make for the best low key vacay.
When it comes to a winning combo of activities and laidback atmosphere, nothing truly beats the feeling of setting up camp in a remote resort nestled in the heart of a stunning natural setting—and just a few hours outside of Phoenix, Arizona, such a utopian place awaits visitors looking for a true place to unwind and unplug: The Castle Hot Springs.
Nestled in its own little niche in the Sonoran Desert, Castle Hot Springs may only be a few hours away from Arizona’s capital but it may as well be a million miles away. A remote location and plethora of nearby outdoor recreation coupled with swoon-worthy five-star amenities make Castle Springs a once-in-a-lifetime getaway for travelers who want to disconnect while also experiencing all the perks of an all-inclusive vacation.
About Castle Springs: The Details
Castle Springs is over 200-acres of Eden-esque paradise located in the sprawling Sonoran Desert—however, the resort itself is anything but dry and inhospitable. Dotted with vegetation, the grounds are lushly manicured and green; a welcoming oasis situated perfectly among the jagged rocks of the surrounding area. And don’t forget about the hot springs—refreshing pools of mineral-rich, geothermal waters perfect for soaking up all those relaxing vibes; pockets of blue incongruously placed amid the otherwise rocky, jagged setting.
- Address: 5050 N. Castle Hot Springs Rd
- Contact: (877)-600-1137
- Rates: $1750 and up/night; some dates have two-night minimum stays. Guests should note that the resort closes seasonally from July 5 through August 15. Some activities and private spa treatments are extra
- Accommodations: Spring bungalows; private, sky view cabins; and nearly century-old restored and richly appointed historic cottage that sleeps up to six people (1,200-square feet). Amenities vary but include deep stone soaking tubs, an outdoor covered deck with a fireplace, and stunning views. Sky view cabins include wood decks and telescopes for stargazing, and the cottage includes views of the nearby Bradshaw Mountains
- What’s Included: Castle Springs is an all-inclusive experience that includes farm-to-table meals, access to the mineral hot springs, activities like yoga and meditation (group classes), and recreational opportunities like farm tours, guided hikes, archery, cruiser bikes, and other seasonal activities. Gratuities are also included.
Max And Relax
A truly transformative experience awaits guests of Castle Springs looking for the chance to unplug and find relaxation in this lush desert oasis.
- Relax, renew, and restore in the property’s namesake natural hot springs located amid the heart-stopping starkly beautiful Bradshaw Mountains—the crystal clear waters are bound to rejuvenate and reset the mind and body of any traveler
- Hit the spa for the ultimate wellness experience. Services include massages, body scrubs and treatments, wraps, energy therapies, and a plethora of private wellness sessions Prices vary for spa treatments; however, all private wellness sessions are $245/person
- Indulge in one of Castle Springs’ mindfulness activities designed to help promote relaxation and wellness; options include yoga and paddleboard yoga; meditation; tai chi, and more
- Low-key action and relaxing recreation await with the property’s variety of lawn games like pickleball, chip and putt, cornhole, bocce ball, and more
While relaxation is the goal at this wellness retreat, there are also plenty of activities both on and off-site for those looking to spice up their days with a bit of adventure.
- Take a hike and explore the sprawling natural beauty of the 200-acre property filled with spectacular Sonoran Desert scenery. There are a total of eight private hikes onsite to explore; backpacks, hiking poles, and water bottles are provided free of charge. Daily guided hikes are also available for guests who want to learn more about the area’s history and ecology on a 75-minute educational (and beautiful!) hike
- Those looking for a more elevated adventure will love the chance to explore the desert from a different point of view—from high above the canyon floor. There are two experiences available, including the Castle Peak via Ferrata (climbing and some mountaineering required) and the Sonoran Aerial Walkway, a guided walk on the 150-foot tall bridge with sweeping views. Castle Peak is $250/person, Aerial Walkway $75/person
- For those that like to bike, there’s nothing better than a scenic e-bike tour through the surrounding desert—a truly perfect ride! E-bike tours start at $100/person
- Need more action? Try a western shooting experience, guided archery, or an epic UTV tour Western shooting starts at $75/per person
Those looking for a relaxing, remote retreat that still has the right balance of recreational romps; fun activities; and the chance for adventure, will love a sojourn to Castle Springs, a stunning oasis set amid the sprawling vistas and saguaros of the Sonoran Desert. With mineral hot springs; luxe accommodations; an onsite spa; and a myriad of fun things to see and do, this Arizona gem is the perfect place for travelers to find their zen and be as busy as they want to be—all while enjoying the perks of an all-inclusive resort experience.