Capilano Suspension Bridge Reserve is notable for its long suspension bridge that spans a valley and is situated close to Vancouver. There are also several footbridges and walks among the forest and places to discover about the region's ecology and creatures.
- Visitors can take the bus to reach the park.
- Nearest Bus Stop- NB Capilano Rd @ 3600 Block Bus stop
- It is a three-minute walk to the park from the station.
What To Do
Walk On The Suspension Bridge
- The very first fiber model of the Capilano Suspension Bridge was constructed in 1889.
- The footbridge was once the sole feature, but the area has since been expanded to include a variety of other attractions for tourists to explore.
- It's a bridge that spans the Capilano River. While the elevation may be intimidating for some, the views from the lengthy bridge are breathtaking.
- Visitors may get an amazing and unusual perspective of the river by peering down at the stream or off the edge of the bridge.
- Cliffwalk, the park's latest addition, is a labyrinth-like sequence of thin cantilever walkways, ladders, and ledges that trace a rocky cliff all along the Capilano Stream.
- Cliffwalk is both eco-friendly and exhilarating as it is supported by only sixteen support beams in the rocky mountain.
- Tourists will wander amid tropical greenery and receive a different perspective of the suspension bridge.
- The Treetops Excursion consists of a sequence of seven cantilevers hanging from eight massive Douglas-Fir trees.
- The unusual feature of these structures is that they are flexible rather than fixed, allowing the fir trees on which they have been anchored to keep growing.
- There are no screws or hooks utilized!
- As tourists skip along with the trees, absorbing in the squirrel's wide view that rests underneath, the journey conjures up nostalgic summer memories.
Visit The Story Center
- The Capilano Hobos, those earliest explorers who undertook the long trek to Capilano Suspension Bridge Reserve, can be discovered.
- The historical roots of the bridge and the growth of Vancouver are chronicled through life-size photomurals, antiquities, relics, stories from the past, and educational slideshows. Tourists to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park can now take a photo with the Hobos before starting their tour of the Narrative Museum.
Historical And Nature Tours
- Capilano Bridge provides walks of the area that are both cultural and natural in character.
- They are both complimentary and last around fifty minutes overall.
- The history trip starts close to the entrance and gives details about the bridge's heritage, its builders, and the Native artwork on display.
- The ecological tour starts on the other edge of the valley.
- The environmental tour provides hands-on exposure to the West Coast tropical ecosystem.
- Visitors can discover about the park's vegetation and animals, as well as the climactic attributes that define the West Coast as such a special place.
Rainforest Explorer Program For Kids
- Rainforest Scouts is a self-guided engaging activity for children at the park.
- While understanding the West Coast woods, they can wander the forest areas searching for evidence and gathering research information.
- At the start of Treetops Experience, kids collect their exploration data from the
- Treehouse, and once they've gathered all of the responses, they win their own little Tropical Adventurer's award!
Birds Of Prey Crest Rangers
- Tourists to the park are permitted to engage with and study prominent birds of prey during the summertime.
- Expert operators engage with visitors to help them gain a better knowledge of these magnificent birds and their value to our ecology.
- Red Tail Hawks, Lanner Falcons, and Magnificent Horned Owls are featured in presentations in their native environment.
Where To Eat
- Thomas Haas is a professional chocolatier who creates delicious premium coffee, snacks, croissants, cakes, as well as exquisite confectionery.
- In addition to selling chocolates and custom-made cakes, Thomas Haas has a small lounge area where snacks, croissants, coffee drinks, pastries, and chocolates are served.
- The staff is courteous, and the quality is unrivaled.
- The espresso is of exceptional quality, with a thick, creamy French taste without the inherent bitter taste.
- Address: 998 Harbourside Dr. Unit 128, North Vancouver, British Columbia V7P 3T2 Canada
Trattoria Park Royale
- Trattoria Park Royale specializes in authentic Trattoria food, including spaghetti and classic Italian dishes that are cooked and served with passion.
- The lively space encourages socializing and is a peaceful gathering spot for wine and food enthusiasts.
- Meals prepared with traditional ingredients skillfully mixed and matched with imaginative beverage choices and pleasant staff, the menu feels like a midsummer in Italy.
- Address: 757 Main Street Park Royal South, West Vancouver, British Columbia V7T 0A5 Canada
Carmelo Ristorante Italiano Vancouver
- Carmelo's has always been the go-to Italian restaurant in West Vancouver for almost two decades.
- Carmelo's is a welcoming restaurant for individuals of all ages and preferences.
- The place offers a wood-fired pizza oven that serves some of Vancouver's best pizza, delectable noodles, and meals such as fresh local fish, pork rib, and a variety of chicken dishes.
- The menu isn't overly complex.
- Carmelo's is a budget-friendly comfort cuisine restaurant where locals may grab a quick bite.
- Address: 1448 Marine Dr, West Vancouver, British Columbia V7T 1B7 Canada
The Capilano Suspension Bridge is among the most famous and perhaps oldest bridges in the world, and it is also one of the destinations that every tourist should see at least once in a lifetime. Capilano Suspension Bridge Park's shaky span soaring over the Capilano Stream gives visitors a huge thrill boost. Its Treetops Experience will leave visitors with lifelong memories.