With Circus Circus’ Adventuredome, the Bellagio Fountains, the High Roller, and much more, Las Vegas, Nevada has so much to offer to fill that next awesome family getaway!
Things to Do
The Adventuredome Theme Park
Enjoy kid-friendly attractions like mini-golf, bumper cars, a gentle Ferris wheel, and plunging roller coasters, as well as classic arcade games, a VR room, and more! There’s plenty to do at the Adventuredome, with rides suitable for all ages, heights, and thrill tolerance. Thrill-seekers and gamers alike will probably want to spend a whole day here, as there are so many entertaining opportunities for kids and their parents to enjoy.
- Monday through Thursday: 10:00 AM or 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM, 9:00 PM, or Midnight
- Friday and Saturday: 10:00 AM to Midnight
- Sunday: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM or Midnight
The Adventuredome’s hours depend on COVID restrictions and other variables, so be sure to check the schedule ahead of time!
- Pay to play (or ride the rides)
- All-day wristbands: 48” and over: $33.95 47” and under: $19.95
- Location: Circus Circus Hotel & Resort
- Address: 2880 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas
Tip: It’s much cheaper to purchase a wristband than to pay for each ride independently. If kids want to stay longer than thirty minutes, getting the wristband is the way to go!
On the softer side, a peaceful evening watching the Bellagio Fountains can be a great kid-friendly activity. A perfect, relaxing conclusion to a fun-filled day, this classic attraction is a Las Vegas staple guests will not want to skip! Watch as the water jumps and dances to a backdrop of familiar music, accompanied by a dazzling array of lighting effects in this fabulous (and free) activity.
- Saturdays and Holidays: Every half-hour from noon to 8:00 PM and every 15 minutes beginning at 8:00 PM until Midnight
- Sundays: Every half-hour from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM and every 15 minutes beginning at 7:00 PM until midnight
- Monday through Friday: Every half-hour from 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM and every 15 minutes beginning at 8:00 PM until midnight
- Location: Bellagio Hotel and Casino
- Address: 3600 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas
Tip: Get dinner reservations ahead of time, because most people like to eat just before or just after the evening shows!
High Roller Observation Wheel and LINQ Promenade
The tallest observation wheel on the entire planet, the High Roller is another Las Vegas staple visitors won’t want to miss. On each thirty-minute ride, guests will get outstanding views of Las Vegas’ outer valleys as well as a good perspective of the glittering lights and landmarks of the Las Vegas Strip. Make sure to check out the height restrictions before going to ensure little ones are tall enough to ride!
- Every day, 11:30 AM to 2:00 AM
- Daytime: Adult: $25, Youth: $10
- Nighttime: Adult: $37, Youth: $19
- Location: LINQ Promenade
- Address: 3545 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas
Tip: Be sure to check out the nearby FLY LINQ zip line for an extra-thrilling addition to the High Roller!
A fantastic opportunity for a fun photoshoot, kids will enjoy snapping selfies with lifelike wax depictions of various Marvel superheroes, famous athletes, and celebrities like Miley Cyrus. Madame Tussauds is also a great place to bring very small children who might not appreciate more higher-paced attractions, as the museum is very laid-back and quiet!
- Sunday through Tuesday: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Friday and Saturday: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Children aged 3 to 12: $24.95
- Adult: $29.95
- Address: 3377 S Las Vegas Blvd, Ste. 2001, Las Vegas
Shark Reef Aquarium & Beach At Mandalay Bay
Las Vegas seems to have it all, and that includes an aquarium! The Shark Reef Aquarium and Beach at Mandalay Bay is an excellent choice for families looking for a little bit of educational content and spectacular views of ocean life to complement their Las Vegas vacation! With over fourteen exhibits, including an area where guests can stroll through an underwater tunnel, and a fantastic beach just steps away, this attraction is sure to delight anyone!
Shark Reef Aquarium Hours
- Every day, 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Children aged 3 and under: Free!
- Children aged 4 to 9: $19
- Adults: $25
- Seniors: $23
- Hours: Every day, 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Hotel Guests: Free!
- Children aged 3 and under: Free!
- Children aged 4 to 16, $10
- Adults: $20
- Location: Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino
- Address: 3950 S Las Vegas Blvd
In conclusion, a trip to Las Vegas, or “Sin City”, doesn’t have to be reserved for adults. While sometimes labeled as a city designed for partying, parents can find plenty of exciting things to do at the popular tourist destination for hard-to-please kids and teens.
Whether days are filled with adventures at the Adventuredome or wandering through Madame Tussauds and the Shark Reef Aquarium, families will have a blast at Las Vegas, Nevada!