It’s that time of year again—ski resorts are ramping up their snowmaking efforts and getting ready to open their doors to legions of outdoor enthusiasts who are ready to hit the slopes; snow bunnies are dusting off those skis (and boards!) as winter’s cooler temps make it possible to enjoy winter recreation once again.
But some of the best ski resorts out there have so much more to offer than just top-notch skiing conditions—many resorts have travel experiences that include accommodations, amazing views, and a plethora of exciting activities that make for an all-inclusive vacation where visitors can get their winter weather activity fix—all while being able to stay and enjoy their trip in one place. And New Jersey’s Mountain Creek Resort is once such place; a family-friendly, resort-style experience that offers vacationers everything they need to have the best winter weather getaway this season.
About Mountain Creek Resort
Located in lovely Sussex County in northwestern New Jersey, Mountain Creek’s location in the township of Vernon makes it an ideal ‘four-season recreation community.’ Scenic and full of all-year-round recreational opportunities, the area is also easy to get to for those in the tri-state area looking for an escape from the city.
Visitors to Mountain Creek can expect a warm welcome and hospitality that is second to none; with a number of nearby and on-site accommodations that make for an unforgettable vacation and a myriad of activities for the entire family.
It’s Time To Hit The Slopes
As of early December, Mountain Creek is making snow and preparing to open for its 2021-2022 season. However, due to fluctuating winter temps in the Northeast, there is currently no opening date—though visitors can definitely plan for an epic season when the resort does open at the region’s largest ski area. Below is some information for those looking to head to Mountain Creek for some super skiing and boarding this winter season.
- Mountain Creek has terrain and trails suitable for every skill level—from beginner snow bunnies to experienced downhill dilettantes
- The resort’s fleet of over 1,000 snowmaking guns keep its four mountain peaks covered in fresh powder all season long
- Fans of freestyle will love Mountain Creek’s terrain parks—epic experiences with a variety of fun features suitable for all skill levels
- The resort’s ‘Snowsports School’ is the perfect place for newbies to get acquainted with the slopes—and a great way for more experienced skiers and snowboarders to take their skills to the next level. Get ready to hit the slopes with their Go Skiing and Go Snowboarding packages—everything you need to get started! Adult Go Packages start at $139/person
Get Busy With World-Class Activities
Mountain Creek is so much more than a top destination for skiing and snowboarding; its variety of recreational opportunities makes it the perfect spot for visitors who don’t want to spend all their time on the slopes.
- Sno-Go is the latest adventure at Mountain Creek; a type of ‘snow bike’ that is perfect for sliding down snow-covered hills in all conditions, this fun new activity gives visitors full mountain access across the resort’s four peaks. Sno-Go Rental Package (includes bike rentals, helmet, snowboard boots, and instruction, $59.99 and up/person
- Believe it or not, indoor skiing and snowboarding are possible. A fun day trip from Mountain Creek, BIG SNOW American Dream has the best indoor slopes at their snow-dome located in nearby Rutherford, NJ
- Snowtubing is one of the most fun outdoor winter activities—and the best part is that it requires no special equipment or lessons. Mountain Creek’s magic carpet lift takes visitors to the top—no climbing needed, just enjoy the ride! Snowtubing $30/person for a 2-hour session, advance ticket purchase required
- The fun doesn’t stop when winter ends—head back to Mountain Creek when the weather heats up to try their Zip Tours, epic Mountain Coaster, Mountain Creek Waterpark, and their super cool Mountain Biking Trails
Dine, Play, And Stay At Mountain Creek
- The Appalachian offers visitors slope-side accommodations that are comfy, elegant, and convenient. Choose from studio, one, and two-bedroom units complete with amazing views and top-notch amenities. There’s also a heated outdoor pool and hot tub, family game room, and fitness center. Rooms start at $169.15/night (Fall promo deal)
- There’s no need to leave Mountain Creek to find a great meal—their numerous on-site restaurants and bars offer everything from fun, casual fare (Schuss, Kink, and The Biergarten) to more elegant gourmet experiences (The Hawks Nest).
- Jack & Otto’s is a great place to grab a drink after a long day on the slopes. Ski-themed and with an uber-relaxing vibe, this casual spot also serves up delish casual fare and snacks.
- Relax and unwind with a trip to one of Mountain Creek’s multiple hot tubs, or cozy up and stargaze (and roast marshmallows!) at the resort’s new fire pit.
One of the best ways to enjoy the winter season is to hit the slopes—but not everyone is a lover of skiing and snowboarding, and that’s what makes destinations like New Jersey’s Mountain Creek resort so special. With a plethora of fun, family-friendly activities perfect for all ages and skill levels, Mountain Creek has everything visitors need to have an epic winter getaway—including on-site accommodations, activities, and amenities that will make anyone want to bundle up and head outside.