When in Sedona, do as the Sedonans do. Explore the abundant nature, enjoy the comfortable weather, admire the vibrant art, and soak in the spirited, calming vibes. The desert town is known for its unparalleled energy, and tourists flock to the hot spot to absorb what they can of the creative wonderland.
Everyone has to eat, and in a place like Sedona, there are bound to be dishes as delicious as the scenery. The culinary creations echo the town's dedication to its rich, diverse culture. These eateries are guaranteed to have guests feeling like they're in on a secret as they savor every last bite of local flavor.
10 The Sundowner
A great way to get a feel for a place is by visiting its most popular dive bar. The Sundowner proudly presents itself as the only five-star dive bar in Sedona. The friendly locals bring the classic atmosphere to life, serving up delicious drinks and bar food classics with style.
- Address: 37 Navajo Dr, West Sedona, AZ 86336, US
- What to try: Breaded Chicken Sandwich with Fried Avocado, Corkscrew Shrimp, Hot Pastrami on Marbled Rye
9 Coffee Pot Restaurant
Anyone who believes breakfast is the most important meal of the day needs to dine at the Coffee Pot Restaurant. The charming eatery brews up java with a view of stunning red rock formations from the outdoor patio. Diners will have no shortage of breakfast and lunch options to choose from, cooked lovingly by Sedona locals who know a thing or two about flavor.
- Address: 2050 W State Rte 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336
- What to try: Any of the 101 omelets on the menu, Huevos Rancheros, Belgian Waffles, Mexican Tuna Melt
Tamaliza is the place to go for authentic, fresh Mexican cuisine. Owner and chef Claudia is dedicated to preparing healthy dishes with organic ingredients that leave her guests satisfied and energized, including several plant-based options. The restaurant itself is a feast for the eyes, filled with vibrant, playful décor throughout.
- Address: 1155 W State Rte 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336
- What to try: Gourmet Tamales Supremos, Burrito Enchilada Style, Handcrafted Vegan Horchata
7 SaltRock Kitchen
Nothing beats a meal with a view, and guests can stay at SaltRock Kitchen for all three meals if they want to! The outdoor patio is gorgeous, equipped with spacious tables and comfortable yellow chairs to kick back in. The atmosphere welcomes diners to relax and enjoy the creative Southwestern meals crafted by talented chefs.
- Address: 100 Amara Ln #101, Sedona, AZ 86336
- What to try: Pork Belly Tostada, Gulf of Mexico Shrimp, Sun Devil Margarita, Agave Flan
6 Creekside American Bistro
The chef and team at Creekside American Bistro elevate the flavors of traditional American favorites and present guests with a luxurious dining experience. The restaurant sits along picturesque Oak Creek with views of red rock to feed eyes hungry for nature as well as a delicious meal. Creekside also keeps canine friends in mind with a creative dog menu sure to receive two paws up.
- Address: 251 AZ-179, Sedona, AZ 86336
- What to try: Bruschetta Board, Normandy Brie Soup with Black Truffle, Lamb Chop Lollipops, Shrimp and Grits, Venison Stew (for the dogs!)
5 Tortas de Fuego
It seems more and more people are wising up to the fact that the most delicious food can often be found in some unexpected places. Locals love Tortas de Fuego, a Mexican restaurant attached to an auto body shop. The passionate owners are focused on flavor over frills, and diners will taste the intention in every bite.
- Address: 1630 AZ-89A, Sedona, AZ 86336
- What to try: Tostada de Ceviche, Nopalitos Salad Tostada, Hawayana Quesadilla, Tripas Tacos
4 The Hudson
Even with its upscale menu, The Hudson retains a friendly, unpretentious ambiance fueled by its passionate and creative team, whose only goal is to amaze diners with an award-winning experience. The menu is constantly changing as the talented chefs craft unique and innovative new dishes, so be sure to ask about the specials. And don't forget to save room for dessert!
- Address: 671 State Route 179, Suite D Sedona, AZ 86336
- What To Try: Whatever is on special, Chicken Pot Pie, Prickly Pear BBQ Baby Back Ribs, Deconstructed Banana Cream Pie
3 Dellepiane Sedona
Nothing hits like a perfectly cooked burger, and Dellepiane knows exactly how to satisfy the craving. The humble establishment boasts delicious burgers and other dishes, including plant-based options galore. There is something for everyone on the menu, and the friendly atmosphere will have diners feeling right at home.
- Address: 671, 1 AZ-179 E Suite, Sedona, AZ 86336
- What To Try: Dellaplane Burger, Vegan Colombian Fried Chicken, Cubano Sandwich, Brownie Empanada
2 Elote Cafe
With a name like Elote, one thing's for sure: the place knows how to dress its corn. The Mexican-Southwestern fusion spot puts together some delicious dishes packed with bold flavors. The restaurant is also located in a particularly scenic area, with views of the colorful red rock formations adding an extra element to savor.
- Address: 350 Jordan Rd, Sedona, AZ 86336
- What To Try: Elote (of course), Goat Cheese Balls, Buffalo Mole Poblano, Agave Ice Cream
1 Sound Bites Grill
Why not enjoy some entertainment with dinner? Sound Bites Grill is known for hosting live bands, and locals make their way to the restaurant to savor the foods and the sounds. Every Wednesday, Sound Bites hosts a wine tasting to help visitors get over the midweek hump. The eatery entertains with an extensive brunch buffet featuring live music on Sundays.
- Address: 101 N State Route 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336
- What To Try: Red Rock Riblets, Voodoo Sausage Pasta, Fresh Red Snapper Veracruz, Beyond Burger Street Tacos