Situated nearby the Philippines and Taiwan lies Micronesia. Consisting of over 2,000 islands on the Pacific Ocean, Micronesia encompasses a series of island states, including Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, the Federated States of Micronesia, and the Marshall Islands. From the beaches of Guam to the historical sites of Pohnpei, Micronesia is a treat for the senses, spoiling visitors with gorgeous beach views and landscapes of towering mountains. Many may even consider Micronesia a slice of Heaven on Earth; it’s no wonder why this destination is perfect for romantic getaways and tropical family vacations. So pack some bags, book a flight to Micronesia, and visit these incredible places in this Oceania region!
10 Garapan, Saipan
Being the largest capital village in Saipan, this Micronesian destination blends entertainment with the delights of a tropical paradise. When not swimming in the cool turquoise waters, visitors of Garapan can visit historical sights like the Old Japanese Lighthouse or the American Memorial Park. Plus, when in Garapan, stay at the Saipan Skyline Designers Hotel, which has stunning views of Pau Pau Beach!
- Accommodation: Saipan Skyline Designers Hotel
- Why You Should Book It: Easy access to Pau Pau and Tanapag Beaches
- Amenities: 24-hour airport shuttle (for a fee), luggage storage, free parking
- Address: 014C05 Mina Drive,As Matuis,Saipan MP, Garapan 96950
9 Tinian, Northern Marianas Islands
Due to its size, Tinian may be overlooked, but this small island offers a fascinating history, quiet beaches, and prime diving sites for visitors. For instance, archeology buffs traveling to Tinian can see the ancient Taga stones constructed by the Chamorro people over 3,000 years ago. Meanwhile, scuba divers can explore the ocean depths near Tinian to discover exotic coral reefs and shipwrecks! For an affordable stay, book a couple of nights at the Oceanview Hotel. This 3-star hotel has great views of the Philippine Sea and is nearby Tinian’s shops and attractions, including the Tagada Amusement and Tarza Water Park!
- Accommodation: Oceanview Hotel
- Why You Should Book It: Spacious rooms near famous tourist attractions
- Amenities: Free parking, 24-hour airport shuttle (for a fee)
- Address: 1433 Pale San Vitores Road, Tamuning 96913
8 Rota, Northern Marianas Island
Known as the “most friendly island in the world,” this little island in Northern Marianas Island is a family-friendly destination. Traveling families will love Rota’s hospitality and familial values alongside its tropical landscape. For example, nature lovers can visit the Chenchun Bird Sanctuary or the Pona Point Fishing Cliff. Stay at the Coral Garden Hotel for a budget-friendly stay and a premium view of the Pacific Ocean.
- Accommodation: Coral Garden Hotel
- Why You Should Book It: Affordable stay with raving reviews!
- Amenities: Beachfront access, family-friendly, on-site activities (golf, snorkeling)
- Address: 1 Songsong Village #1524, Sinapalu 96951
7 Dededo, Guam
Dededo is Guam’s most populated village, with attractions depicting the area’s history, natural landscapes, and more. For instance, shopaholics can spend hours at Dededo’s Micronesia mall, the largest in all of Micronesia! Alternatively, Dededo houses other notable attractions such as the Tanguisson Beach Park and the War Dog Cemetery. Moreover, when in Dededo, be sure to book a stay at the Guam Plaza Resort And Spa in Tamuning due to its convenient location, which nearby attractions like The Plaza Shopping Center and Gun Beach.
- Accommodation: Guam Plaza Resort And Spa
- Why You Should Book It: Easy access to Hagatna, Guam’s capital village
- Amenities: Complimentary Wi-Fi, on-site restaurants, on-site spa, private balconies
- Address: 1328 Pale San Vitores Road, Tamuning
6 Tamuning, Guam
Neighboring Dededo, Tamuning sits on Tumon Bay and is known for its white sand beaches. This family-friendly destination in Guam has the makings of a memorable vacation: shops, water parks, aquariums, and beautiful beaches with pristine waters! Looking for a luxurious stay in Guam? Then be sure to stay at the Dusit Beach Resort Guam. This spacious resort is only steps away from The Plaza Shopping Center, alongside an array of eateries and Guam’s hottest beaches.
- Accommodation: Dusit Beach Resort Guam
- Why You Should Book It: Right at the front and center of Tamuning!
- Amenities: 24-hour business center, beachfront, complimentary Wi-Fi, on-site spa
- Address: 1255 Pale San Vitores Road, Tamuning 96913
5 Koror, Palau
Koror is Palau’s largest city, acting as a primary commercial hub for the country. The city’s infrastructure supports tourist activity, making it a great stay in Palau. Thus, Koror has no shortage of resorts and hotels! Learn more about the island’s marine life at the Palau Aquarium or spend a lively Friday evening at the Palauan Night Market. Visitors to Koror can kick their feet up at the Palau Hotel, which sits at the center of all of Koror’s happenings, including restaurants and shops.
- Accommodation: Palau Hotel
- Why You Should Book It: Proximity to the local pier (perfect for diving activities!)
- Amenities: Complimentary Wi-Fi, fitness center, 24-hour front desk
- Address: P.O.Box 457, Ikelau Hamlet, Koror 96940
4 Airai, Palau
Airai does not emanate beach party vibes. Instead, this southern state in Palau offers peaceful island vibes. Enjoy a vacation exploring the beauty of Airai, whether scuba diving through the coral reefs or learning the Palauan locals' heritage (and history). Moreover, when in Airai, be at one with nature and the tranquility of the island while staying at the Airai Water Paradise Hotel And Spa. This beautiful 4-star resort will pamper guests with its premium amenities and stunning views of the Pacific coast.
- Accommodation: Airai Water Paradise Hotel And Spa
- Why You Should Book It: Private beachfront with transportation services to the town
- Amenities: 24-hour airport shuttle, room service, complimentary toiletries, complimentary Wi-Fi
- Address: PO Box 8067, Airai 96940
3 Pohnpei, Federated States Of Micronesia
Being the largest island in the Federated States of Micronesia, Pohnpei hosts a wide range of activities for adventurous tourists. This tall island is blessed with waterfalls, crystal-clear waters, towering mountain peaks, and lush jungles, From the majesty of Mt. Nahna Laud to the tranquility of Kepirohi Waterfall, nature-loving travelers can enjoy a memorable time in Pohnpei. Moreover, easily get around Pohnpei and book a few nights at Yvonne’s Hotel, which is only a few minutes away from the Pohnpei International Airport!
- Accommodation: Yvonne’s Hotel
- Why You Should Book It: Close distance to amenities and attractions nearby
- Amenities: Laundry services, luggage storage, complimentary airport shuttle, complimentary Wi-Fi
- Address: Peilapalap St, P.O Box 688, Pohnpei 96941
2 Kosrae, Federated States Of Micronesia
Nicknamed the “Jewel of Micronesia”, Kosrae offers tourists a deep connection to nature through land, sea, and sky. Venture to the Tafunsak Waterfalls, explore Kosrae’s villages, or plunge into the ocean and explore the coral reefs; whatever travelers decide to do on this island, they will always discover something new. Want to be close to Kosrae’s attractions? Then stay at the Kosrae Nautilus Resort! This 3-star hotel is close to a car rental facility, the Lelu Ruins Historical Park, and the Kosrae’s Blue Hole dive site.
- Accommodation: Kosrae Nautilus Resort
- Why You Should Book It: Guided tours that are ideal for adventurous tourists and history buffs
- Amenities: Outdoor pool, complimentary parking, solar water heaters, complimentary toiletries
- Address: Lelu, Kosrae 96944
1 Yap, Federated States Of Micronesia
Yap offers travelers a proud heritage alongside beautiful natural landscapes and wildlife. Learn more about the Yapese culture and discover the island's lush landscape through kayaking, diving, or traditional canoe sailing. Yap is also known to house some of the best dive sites in the world. Moreover, introverted travelers—especially those who love diving—will enjoy a stay at the Manta Ray Bay Resort. This resort only has a handful of rooms, usually filled up with traveling divers!