The US state of Oregon is a popular travel destination for wanderlusters seeking a relaxing seaside vacation or a peaceful nature getaway. Whether tourists are eager to visit the City of Roses or embark on a scenic road trip along the west coast, The Beaver State is a destination fit for any nature enthusiast.
At the same time, many travelers heading to Oregon are eager to check out their beautiful beaches. Tourists will quickly see that the Oregon coast offers dramatic and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean, among them being Cannon Beach. As a popular tourist destination, millions of tourists flock to this beach every year to admire the Haystack Rock and the surrounding landscape. It's no secret that Cannon Beach offers a stunning example of Oregon's beauty. However, many beaches along the coast are equally impressive and deserve a traveler's attention.
Visitors planning a trip to Oregon should pack some sunscreen--these beaches along the state's shores are just as gorgeous as Cannon Beach!
Indian Beach At Ecola State Park
- Location : Between Seaside and Cannon Beach
- Features : Ecola State Park is famous amongst surfers; however, this beach is still a quiet getaway compared to the tourist crowds at Cannon Beach. Instead, visitors will be welcomed by the earthy aroma of the Sitka Spruce Forest. The beach is perfect for tide pooling, hiking, and picnicking with loved ones.
8 Whiskey Run Beach
- Location : South Oregon, along the Rouge River
- Features: A former site for mining in the 18th century , Whisky Run Beach stands as a beach with vast sandy shorelines, a less crowded alternative to touristy beaches along the Oregon coast. Travelers may run into a couple of ATVs and other motor vehicles at the beach. However, visitors can still enjoy a relatively peaceful day at Whisky Run Beach and admire the towering cliffs.
7 Bullards Beach
- Location : Coquille River, near Coos Bay
- Features : This family-friendly beach has plenty of horseriding, hiking, camping, and biking. Visitors can even check out the Coquille River Lighthouse, a historic lighthouse situated on Bullards Beach Road. The beach views will not disappoint travelers, as Bullards Beach State Park is home to lush cypress trees and shore pines.
6 Lone Ranch Beach
- Location: Near Brookings Harbor
- Features : Only about 4.5 miles away from Brookings , Lone Ranch Beach provides miles of picturesque sea stacks, perfect for photo ops and basking in the fresh Oregon breeze. The beach is equipped with walking trails, making it easily accessible to visitors. Road trippers can simply park their car on the lot and make their way to the sandy beach, which is perfect for leisurely swimming and hiking.
5 Walton Beach
- Location: Sauvie Island
- Features: Only about 4.5 miles away from Brookings , Lone Ranch Beach provides miles of picturesque sea stacks, perfect for photo ops and basking in the fresh Oregon breeze. The beach is equipped with walking trails, making it easily accessible. Road trippers can simply park their car on the lot and make their way to the sandy beach, perfect for leisurely swimming and hiking.
4 Bastendorff Beach County Park
- Location: Charleston, Coos County
- Features: Similar to Cannon Beach, Bastendorff Beach is quite popular amongst tourists along the Oregon coast. However, this beach is still a great spot to relax and enjoy a family-friendly (and pet-friendly) beach day. Located near Charleston, this beach is decorated with a lush pine forest and is known for a range of activities, from deep-sea fishing to crabbing. Bastendorff Beach is even a great spot for whale watching, which is ideal from December to February or March to May !
3 Arcadia Beach
- Location: Near Seaside
- Features: This Oregon beach is still a gorgeous site, not to be confused with the Acadia Beach in Maine ! Arcadia Beach is just a stone's throw away from Tolvana Beach (which can get crowded, especially during the warmer months). Only a mile away from Cannon Beach , Arcadia Beach is studded with tidepools, carved stones, and dramatic bluffs that complement the spruce trees growing in the area. Arcadia Beach is the perfect beach for visitors seeking a picture-perfect landscape of the Oregon coast.
2 Secret Beach
- Location : Brookings
- Features : Secret Beach is not necessarily an Oregon coast secret, and it's not hard to understand why! This gorgeous beach near Brookings is studded with dramatic cliffs and crashing waves, perfect for traveling nature enthusiasts. It's recommended that visitors check out the beach during low tide, and it is an ideal spot for watching wildlife and hiking. The beach's trails' entrance is located on the US 101 Freeway at the Samuel H. Boardman State Scenic Corridor.
1 Hobbit Beach
- Location : Near Florence
- Features : Sorry, Lord of the Rings fans ; Hobbit Beach is not located in Middle Earth. Instead, Hobbit Beach is close to the small city of Florence. This Oregon beach can take a visitor's breath away due to its gorgeous coastal forest and its stunning view of the Pacific Ocean. While hiking along the accessible trails, visitors can also visit the Heceta Head Lighthouse. This slightly secluded beach is away from the bustling crowds at Cannon Beach. It is suitable for travelers seeking a tranquil beach day in Oregon!