Due to Harry Potter, Britain is the center of magic, as any grade-school youngster will tell you. Merlin's talents have been known to older and more accomplished magic enthusiasts for ages. It's only logical that London would be a city brimming with magical delights and world-class magicians.
There are a few places in London and across the United Kingdom where you can see magic on a routine basis. Additionally, you'll find magicians performing events for a limited time and traveling. Whether you're a visitor in London or a tube-savvy native, you can experience the magic by attending one of these numerous shows.
The Magic Hour
The Magic Hour is London's longest-running theatrical magic show, and it established a standard for engaging illusion in the city. It has gained the Excellence award year after year at the Sheraton Grand Park Lane. Visitors can see world-class close-up magic and psyche performed against the compelling setting of some of London's most famous venues, all constructed with the crowd's experience in thought.
- Location: Sheraton Park Lane Hotel, London
- Duration: 1 hr and 45 min, break included.
- Time and Date: 8 pm, every Friday night.
- Children below ten years are not allowed.
Sheraton Park Lane Hotel stands in a conveniently accessible area. It is a 20-minute walk from West End London, 10 minutes away from Piccadilly Circus. And at a 5-minute walk from Subway Station.
- Via tube: Nearest Tube Station- Green Park Subway Station- 0.2 miles. | Visitors can walk to the hotel; it is a short 5 min stroll.
- Via Bus: Nearest Bus Stop - London Hilton Hotel, Stop Y- 0.3 miles; it is a 6-minute walk to the hotel.
The Illusionists - Direct From Broadway
This mind-blowing show features seven of the world's most outstanding magicians. Millions of people across the world have seen The Illusionists. The show is jam-packed with breathtaking and clever magic on a scale never seen before. Grand illusions, levitation, mindreading, and apparition are among the tricks for the audience.
- Location: Shaftesbury Theatre
- Duration: 2 hr and 10 min, break included.
- Recommended for 16 years and above.
- Via Tube: Nearest Tube Station - Tottenham Court Road tube station- 0.3 miles; it is a 5- 10 minute walk to reach the theatre.
- Via Bus: Nearest Bus Stop - Tottenham Court Road Station, Stop X- 0.2 miles; it is a 5-minute walk to the theatre.
Conjuring At The Court
Conjuring at the Court, London's long-running regular stage show, allows spectators to experience the extraordinary. Conjuring at the Court features the best performers, psychic readers, tricksters, trapeze artists, and ventriloquists in the world. Every concert is unique, but the crowd is certain to enjoy a fun and enlightening evening.
- Location: Drayton Court Hotel
- Day and Time: Every month's last Thursday; 8 pm
- Duration: 2 hours, break included
- The show is open to all. No age restriction.
- Via Tube: Nearest Tube Station - Ealing Broadway Subway Station- 0.8 miles; visitors can walk to the hotel. It is a 16 min stroll.
- Via Bus: Nearest Bus Stop - West Ealing Station (Stop B)- 0.22 miles; it is a 2-minute stroll to the hotel.
Additional Shows To Catch
Morgan And West's Magic Show
Morgan and West, time-traveling performers, give jaw-dropping magic spectacularly! A mountain of enigmatic magic, a hatful of hyper-reality, and, of course, a truck full of magic and tea await you. Morgan & West combine mind-boggling magic with plain old-fashioned tomfoolery in a presentation for the whole family, full of magic and hilarity! From the age of five to 105, there's something for everyone!
- Duration: 1 hour.Recommended for all ages.
Ben Hart: Wonder
In a performance that throws light on illusions, life, the cosmos, and the darkest regions of your minds, Ben performs his most mind-blowing and fascinating enchantment. Ben Hart constructs an entirely new sort of magic with the most basic of instruments, as well as the belongings and minds of the spectators.
- Duration: 1 hr and 40 mins, break included.
- Recommended for 12 years and above.
Richard Leigh’s Magic Shows
Richard Leigh is a performer who produces dramatic magic tricks, side makes, and magic exhibits with his talents as an artist, sculptor, and customized prop designer. Richard delivers his magical inventions, paintings, and presentations in a 'Theatre of Magic' setting, allowing his audience to immerse themselves in a big yet personalized mystical stage show tailored to their clan.
- Duration: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- Recommended for 6 years and above.
Mayhem, Mind-Reading, And Magic Show
The popular show is performed by members of the Magic Circle, Roberto Forzoni and Simon Rosselli. Each performance will include sorcery, mind control, deception, and conceptual art, like balancing or puppetry. Every show is one-of-a-kind, with diverse artists presenting their distinct style of comedy, magic, trickery, deft of palm, and audience engagement.
- Duration: 2 hours, a 20-minute break included.
Simon Drake's House Of Magic
Simon's residence is unlike any other. This 4,000-square-foot estate has been lavishly decorated for an evening of enchantment and mischief. Stroll through the eerie magical lawn, investigate the ghostly cellar, dine and watch a play, and then dance the night away. Simon Drake is a prominent magician who has performed widely in theatre, stage, and cinema. His house has been transformed into a one-of-a-kind interactive experience, with the audience having the opportunity to discover each exquisite room, which is packed with wonders and one-of-a-kind magical marvels.
- Location: Secret Central London
- Duration: 5 hours and 15 minutes for public events.
- Children below 18 years are not allowed.
Seeing a magic show in London is a must-do for any tourist to the city, and it should be on everyone's wishlist.