Hakone is a major tourist destination in the Kanagawa district and section of the Fuji Nature Reserve and is situated west of Tokyo. One of Tokyo's handful of favored getaways is Hakone. It provides guests with once-in-a-lifetime experiences, including unusual thermal spring spas, warm ryokan, beautiful scenery, historical sites, good accessibility from Tokyo, and a pleasant climate.
- Nearest Airport - Tokyo Haneda Airport; 76.5 Km
- Visitors can take the bus from the airport which will take around 1 hour and 40 minutes to reach the destination.
- By using Tomei Highway and departing at the Gotenba Intersection, travelers can approach the Hakone highlands from the foothills of Mt. Fuji. They will be able to access the Hakone hills by this path.
Popular Hikes Of Hakone
Old Tokaido Trek
- Distance: 4 kilometers
- Duration: 1 hour and 30 mins
- Difficulty Level: Fairly Easy
- The Tokaido Stretch of road, commonly known as the Old Tokaido Stone Gravelled Road, is one of five renowned Edo-period roadways.
- People utilized this path to commute across Edo and Kyoto in earlier times.
- It is a relatively easy trek that all tourists are encouraged to take.
- This hike begins at the Hakone Sekisho Site.
- Hikers will be flanked by breathtaking scenery and Hakone's exquisite woodlands, including well-known huge cedar trees that are over four centuries old.
- The journey will come to a close near Amasake Chaya, where guests can unwind and enjoy some rice liquor and delicious rice cakes.
Mount Kintoki Trek
- Distance: 4.6 Kilometres
- Duration: 2 hours and 30 mins
- Mt. Kintoki is the best and most important hiking path Hakone has to provide, being the birthplace of the Folklore of Kintaro and providing the wonderful view of Mt. Fuji.
- There is a tea shop and resting place on the peak. The tea shop serves traditional Japanese delicacies, scrumptious ramen, other light meals, and a few beverages.
- On clear days, the Tanzawa Hills, Miura Bay, Mt. Izu Amagi, and a range of hills in the Fuji-Izu-Hakone UNESCO Global Nature reserve may all be viewed from the top.
Mt. Myojingatake Course Trek
- Distance: 7 Kilometers
- Duration: 3 hours and 30 mins
- Mt. Myojingatake is in Hakone's eastern region, adjacent to Mt. Kintoki.
- It is the second tallest peak on the outer edges of Mt.volcanic Hakone's crater, and it is renowned amongst hikers and nature enthusiasts.
- Hikers will be rewarded with beautiful scenic sights from the mountain's top.
- Visitors can see Mt. Fuji as well as the complete Hakone landscape, particularly Owakudani and Sagami Bay, from the summit.
Lake Ashinoko Western Bank Trek
- Distance: 11.5 Kilometers
- Duration: 3 hours and 50 mins
- Anyone who likes great distance hiking should do the Lake Ashinoko Western Bank trek.
- It is a route with some peaks and troughs that requires about 4 hours to finish and might be difficult for some folks.
- Hikers can take a stop and take some wonderful shots at some of the beautiful beaches along the way.
- The majority of the time, tourists will be closer to nature and woodlands, and those who go for a stroll will be able to see some native plants and animals.
- Please keep in mind that there are no restrooms or corner shops along the road, so be prepared ahead of time.
Lake Ashinoko Eastern Bank Trek
- Distance: 7.5 Kilometers
- Duration: 2 hours and 30 mins
- Lake Ashinoko Eastern Bank Trek is a fairly simple route that anyone can complete.
- This section of Ashinoko appears more like a leisurely stroll than a strenuous hike.
- Everybody, including young children and the elderly, is encouraged to take this course.
- Along the journey, travelers can witness Kuzuryu Shrine, Hakone-en Resort
- Compound, Komagatake Gondola, and Hakone Temple, among other well-known landmarks.
Where To Stay
Merveille Hakone Gora
- Merveille Hakone Gora provides huge Contemporary accommodations with a patio in the Gora thermal springs region.
- A communal hot-spring bath, a heated pool, and a steam room area are among the amenities available to guests.
- Gora Railway Station, which is just a 5-minute walking distance, offers a free shuttle service.
- The air-conditioned rooms are equipped with a television, a refrigerator, and an electric kettle with green tea sachets.
- Visitors can relax in the comfortable seating lounge while wearing the Traditional Yukata gowns available.
- A hairdryer and toothbrush kits are provided in the en suite bathroom.
- Address: 250-0408 Kanagawa, Hakone, Gora 1300-70, Japan
Green Plaza Hakone
- Open-air hot-spring spas with glimpses of Mount Fuji are available at Green Plaza Hakone.
- The contemporary rooms feature an LCD television and a private bathroom with a bathtub. This resort provides banquet dining.
- At Hotel Green Plaza Hakone, every air-conditioned unit includes a private lounge area with a Japanese futon or mats.
- There is a refrigerator, an electric stove, and amenities available.
- After soaking in the hot springs, guests can have a spa treatment or unwind in the saunas.
- There are also stores on-premise, and the reception service is available 24 hours a day.
The Prince Hakon Lake Ashinoko Hotel
- The Prince Hakon hotel, located on the banks of Lake Ashinoko, offers natural hot spas with glimpses of the lake as well as lawns with sights of Mount Fuji.
- Kaede Spa provides a wide range of spas and aesthetic services.
- The hotel offers free WiFi throughout the resort.
- The gently illuminated accommodations at the hotel provide a fridge and cable television in the room as well as a shower in the en suite bath.
- Yamaboshi Espresso House sells refreshments and confectionery, and Le Trianon Restaurant delivers classic French meals.
- Guests can buy souvenirs at the on-site tourist shop.
- Address: 250-0592 Kanagawa, Hakone, Motohakone 144, Japan
Hakone is among Japan's best enthralling natural attractions. It's a must-see destination for travelers from all over the world, with thermal spring spas, Fuji's breathtaking landscape, the lake of Ashinoko, and modest volcanic eruptions.