Nashville in Tennessee is known for its vibrancy and energy and is one of the most famous music destinations in the world. The city is filled with clubs, concert halls, bars, music studios, and recording stations. However, there's much to Nashville than its music side. The city is located on the river and is home to many forests, ravines, and natural landscapes.
Moreover, more than 16 million visitors flock to the city every year to witness Nashville's beautiful attractions and unique activities. The area is also home to fabulous museums, renowned colleges and universities, and great parks. There's also one beautiful side to Nashville: its barbecue market, which became one of the best in the US over the last decade. Here's a guide to finding the best BBQ in Nashville.
This BBQ Is The Best In Nashville
People visiting Nashville should savor the yummy BBQ offered by Edley's Bar-B-Que. The restaurant offers a tasty brisket sandwich with red and white sauce, housemade spicy pimento cheese, over-easy egg, pork tacos with slaw, and pico de gallo. The meal is known as Tuck Special and is a must-try. Moreover, Edley's came up with innovative Nashville Hot BBQ creations, offering daily sides where people have the chance to choose from eight to ten choices of secret family recipes.
- Address: Edley's Bar-B-Que, 4500 Murphy Rd, Nashville, TN 37209.
- Opening hours: Edley's Bar-B-Que is open from 11:00 AM to 8:30 PM from Monday to Thursday and on Sundays. On Fridays and Saturdays, Edley's opens from 11:00 AM to 9:30 PM.
Peg Leg Porker opened in 2013 and has since become a sensation on the Nashville BBQ scene. Moreover, the joint has another story known as the Pig Pen, which offers even more dining and drinking space. Pitmaster Carey Bringle is a Nashville Native and smokes his barbecue low and slow and adds a Memphis-style sauce on the side.
- Recommended: When dining at the Peg Leg Porker, it is worth trying the pulled pork platter, Memphis Sushi, the BBQ nachos, and dry ribs. The yardbird smothered in a tangy white sauce with a side of Kool-Aid pickle is also a must-try.
- Address: Peg Leg Porker, 904 Gleaves Street, Nashville, TN 37203.
- Opening Hours: The Peg Leg Porker opens on Mondays and Tuesdays from 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM and from Wednesday to Saturday from 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM. The BBQ joint closes on Sundays.
Here's Where To Have The Yummiest Beef Brisket And Latin-Inspired Specialty Dishes In Nashville
Nashville BBQ joints never thought before about beef brisket and always treated it as an alternative option and a slight change from time to time from pork. However, when Shotgun Willie's BBQ started importing prime brisket and sausages from Texas, local BBQ lovers became addicted. Shotgun Willie's BBQ is now the smoke beef king of Nashville.
- Recommended: People are encouraged to order meat plates at Shotgun Willie's BBQ, market-style by the 0.25 pound. Moreover, it is worth trying the yummy sides offered by the joint, such as the baked beans and coleslaw.
- Address: Shotgun Willie's BBQ, 4000 Gallatin Pike Ste B ( Ardee), Nashville, TN 37216.
The BBQ Joint, The Ridge, specializes in Latin-inspired specialty dishes and loaded sandwiches in Nashville. The BBQ Totchos provided by the joint are served with tater tots topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, or smoked meat. The BBQ joint also serves delicious, inventive burgers and yummy smoked bologna.
- Address: The Ridge, 333 54th Avenue, Nashville, TN 37209.
This Is One Of The Most Beautiful BBQ Joints In Nashville
Martin's Bar-B-Que Joint in downtown Nashville has a massive building that features on its ground floor a full-service restaurant and a giant beer garden with picnic tables on the first floor. Moreover, Martin's also boasts two bars, a stage for live music, and a private dining space that can welcome up to 150 guests. Additionally, people can play games when eating out at Martin's Bar-B-Que Joint. Moreover, there is a playground where tourists and locals come to enjoy the evening at the famous joint in Nashville.
- Recommended: Martin's BBQ joint offers the most delicious meats on a corncake. The latter is a Redneck Taco and gives people a unique and tasty experience when trying it. It is also worth indulging in the whole hog and bologna at Martin's.
- Address: Martin's Bar-B-Que Joint, 410, 4th Avenue S (Peabody St), Nashville, TN 37201.
- Opening hours: Martin's Bar-B-Que Joint opens on Thursdays from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM. From Friday to Sunday, the BBQ joint opens from 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM. The restaurant is closed from Monday to Wednesday.
Other joints that offer delicious BBQs in Nashville include Jack's BBQ, Loveless Cafe, Puckett's Grocery & Restaurant, Bar-B-Cutie, The Gambling Stick, Swett's Restaurant, Jim' n Nick's Bar-B-Q, Mary's Old Fashioned Pit Bar-B-Que, and Honeyfire Barbeque Co.